Software Specialists Inc Contract Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
- Lead the commercial management of contracts, both managed service and individual supplier agreements across the Global IS organisation ensuring that value for money is delivered from the vendors within the IS ecosystem.
- To contract manage and help the supplier management of networks and telecommunications services outsource suppliers. Requires experience of IT networks and telecommunications outsourcing contracts and knowledge of the IT networks and telecoms outsourcing industry and suppliers.
- Requires experience of outsourcing contracts and knowledge of the IT outsourcing industry and suppliers and overall vendor management.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Breadth and depth of experience in IS sourcing and contract management.
- Ideally a member of a relevant professional body eg. MCIPS.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Flexibility: Takes account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Commercial Orientation: Keeps commercial aspects continually in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Interacting with People: Establishes relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds. Effective and sensitive communicator in different societies and cultures.
- Communication: Has good interpersonal and communication skills, capable of leading teams and influencing a contractor at management levels, and gaining support and commitment from a wider operational group. Ability to communicate dynamically at all levels up to Band C level internally to and externally to management levels within supplier organisations.
- Global IS Organisation: Knowledge of the Global IS Operating model and the key functions and interdependencies and has the capability to act as the “agent for change” on a transformational level within Global IS
- Contract Management: Proficient in Methods and techniques for managing contracts to ensure that suppliers adhere to agreed contract requirements, particularly large enterprise wide IS Managed Service Agreements.
- Contract Negotiation: Proficient in Methods and techniques for negotiating contracts for the supply of IT products and services.
- Contract Law Principles: Proficient in Knowledge and understanding of general contract law principles and awareness of key issues in contracts such as limitations of liability, indemnities, warranties and termination rights.
- Service Level Agreements: Proficient in The purpose and composition of a service level agreement (SLA); the relationship between an SLA and a contract for the supply of services.
- Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards: Familiar with Specific standards associated with the IT practitioner’s current role. Examples: health and safety standards, departmental programming and accessibility standards, organisational network performance standards, service desk procedures, corporate quality and change management processes, ITIL.
- Third Party Products and Services: Familiar with The products and/or services supplied to own organisation by external suppliers. Examples: Maintenance of IT infrastructure, maintenance of IT applications, internet connectivity services, system development, software product.
- Business Environment: Familiar with The business environment relating to own sphere of work (own organisation and/or closely associated organisations, such as customers, suppliers, partners), in particular those aspects of the business which the specialism is to support (i.e. localised organisational awareness from a technical perspective).
- Budgets: Familiar with Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the preparation and monitoring of budgets to minimise costs and ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Financial Analysis: Familiar with The analysis and reporting of financial costs and forecasts against budgets.
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months
Pay Rate: DOE