Aetna Director of Data Analytics in Wellesley, Massachusetts
Req ID: 41155BR
Aetna's Data Science organization is focused on delivering strategically-impactful products to our internal customers, by building analytically-based solutions that integrate a wide range of internal and external large datasets within a cutting-edge Hadoop parallel-processing environment. We are currently seeking a Director of Data Analytics in either our Wellesley, MA; New York, NY, or Hartford, CT location.
Position Summary: The successful candidate will have Consultant background working in a fast-paced environment working as part of the larger Data Science team. This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a new and expanding team, with plenty of exciting opportunities for visibility with senior stakeholders across the organization. The position will report to the Executive Director, Enterprise Analytics within Aetna s growing Data Science organization.
Responsible for the successful development and delivery of analytical product solutions to meet strategic, enterprise business needs, leading project teams with a varying mix of technical and business resources, depending on product lifecycle stage. Accountable for customer satisfaction, business value creation, and prioritization of overall team activities to meet delivery objectives and solution-area metrics (in conjunction with business partners, executive sponsors, and Data Science workstream leads).
Own senior-level stakeholder and executive sponsor relationships; required to translate technical DS solutions into terms understandable by less-technical business partners and support with integration of DS products / recommendations into day-to-day business processes across the Aetna enterprise to ensure downstream value creation.
· Sets appropriate metrics for the product / solution area, in conjunction with DS leadership and other executive project sponsors. Proactively suggests additional adjacent areas of focus and / or intervenes to redirect broader team activities on those areas that drive the solution area toward delivery of the most desirable end outcomes for the Aetna enterprise.
· Directly manages workstream leads, both technical and business, to ensure timely and quality deliverables.
· Responsible for commitments to quality products and timely delivery that meets expectations of cross-functional customers and executive sponsors.
· Oversees the design and application of statistical research and custom analysis of integrated healthcare and market data, interprets results, and makes recommendations based on analytical findings to business areas in support of healthcare business initiatives that drive short- and long-term objectives.
· Makes recommendations about data collection methods, metrics definition, and analytical evaluation methods, in collaboration with internal and external partners.
· Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and helps ensure the data integrity; assists with defining and validating processes for data cleansing, integration, and transformation.
· Oversees the execution of algorithms, statistical models, and reporting tools that answer applied research and business questions for internal and external clients.
· Ensures the ultimate transformation of analyses into business / customer solutions, using a range of tools, including data visualization software (Tableau), PPT / in-person presentations, action plans, integration of solutions with other enterprise systems and /or process workflows, etc.
· Oversees the development of project plans, research study designs, and timelines; participates in Agile project management activities (backlog development, story prioritization, daily scrums, etc.)
· Able to manage conflicting priorities and multiple projects concurrently, by maintaining a personal and team focus on activities that drive business value generation.
· Stays informed about industry trends, research findings, and evaluation methods.
· Shows willingness to understand and probe into technical details.
· Contributes to a motivated work environment by working effectively to achieve common goals.
· 5+ yrs of executive client-facing experience (internal or external), demonstrating excellent written and verbal communication skills and reliable executive presence.
· 3+ yrs in a big data environment; 3+ years of healthcare sector experience; healthcare claims experience preferred.
· Programming knowledge/experience and 2+ yrs using either: R, SQL, Hadoop, SAS, or other languages.
· Master s degree or higher level education.
Additional Job Information:
Aetna continues to build a world-class Data Science organization to capture data, understand context, generate insights and react in real time. We engage our business partners, providing solutions to improve the consumer experience, increase efficiencies, and optimize health outcomes for our members through leveraging cutting edge technology.
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence. Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidate's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Job Function: Health Care