Eversource Energy Director, Reliability Standards - Compliance & Implementation (MA or CT) in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position can be filled either in Westwood, MA, or Hartford, CT.
The Director has overall responsibility for Eversource’s reliability compliance program to monitor, implement and achieve compliance with federal and regional electric system reliability standards, including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC), Northeast Power Coordinating Council (NPCC) and ISO-New England. Director will oversee a team and vendors focused on reliability compliance and industry standards implementation.
- Lead team to achieve compliance objectives, build compliance culture across Eversource, and work across the organization to assess compliance, implement compliance measures and process improvements, and demonstrate compliance on a systemwide basis.
- Establish KPIs, monitor and manage company performance.
- Manage effective tracking system to ensure compliance with all reliability requirements, and ensure business continuity.
- Engage Eversource leadership to ensure understanding of compliance requirements, Eversource’s performance, and recommend and implement actions for compliance improvement.
- Shape and influence external policy and regulations for reliability standards and rules, working with external agencies, ISO-NE, other utilities and industry groups. Serve on or provide for Eversource participation on key external committees, task forces, etc and support senior management on related topics and filings.
- Establish and manage effective working relationships with key staff of agencies and stakeholders.
- Lead and oversee audits, and provide external compliance reporting as required, and successful closeout of audit action items.
- Ensure appropriate records management demonstrating Eversouce’s compliance on a system-wide basis.
- Manage interfaces with Regulatory and Legal and other teams key in supporting company objectives.
- Work with organization to ensure reliability compliance requirements are implemented and embedded into sustainable processes and work systems.
- Provide leadership, ownership, and implementation of CIP standards implementation across teams
- Ensure all standards across NERC areas (COM, EOP, FAC, PRC, TOP, TPC, etc) have implementation plans and the appropriate governance and change-process
- Determine and categorize assets as required for compliance (eg. BES, BPS)
- Lead on achieving appropriate information policy for CIP assets
- Possess strong and effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work with Vice President and Director levels across organization
Ability to build credibility with external auditors and build relationships with key stakeholders
Technical understanding of reliability standards and rules. Understanding of impacts across utility business.
- Project management skills. Process-oriented. Quality control skills.
- Ability to lead teams, motivate, and develop people
- Apply curiosity and accountability to deliver performance
- Ability to negotiate on complex issues and multiple parties to achieve desired outcome
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, Finance or equivalent degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years related experience with preference for experience in the areas of compliance, quality control, transmission or nuclear operations.
- Supervisory or leadership experience
- Experience representing business interests externally
- Experience with utility standards is desirable
- Experience in utility operations, ISO/power pools, regulations
- Contracting and auditing experience desirable.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Who we are:
Eversource Energy (NYSE:ES), a Fortune 500 and Standard & Poor’s 500 energy company based in Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire, operates New England’s largest energy delivery system. Eversource is committed to safety, reliability, environmental leadership and stewardship, and expanding energy options for its 3.7 million electric and natural gas customers. We are a company dedicated to our customers, communities and employees. We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.