State of Massachusetts Director of IT Production Support in 10 Park Plaza, Massachusetts
_About The Massachusetts Department of Transportation_
At MassDOT, transportation is not about roads and bridges, or trains and buses – it is about people. Our mission begins with customers - individuals, businesses, municipalities, and regional transit agencies. We support programs and projects that deliver a high return on investment. We partner with municipalities, public agencies, and private sector businesses. MassDOT supports the economic, quality of life, and environmental goals of the Commonwealth.
Our mission is to deliver excellent customer service and safety to people traveling in the Commonwealth. We work to provide our nation’s safest and most reliable transportation system to strengthen our economy and quality of life.
MassDOT’s Information Technology group enables and supports technology innovation and implementation across the organization with a focus on the customer experience. The applications group develops and supports critical applications for both the RMV and Highway Division, Aeronautics and other administrative departments. This includes application development, production support, quality assurance, vendor management, incident management, and digital services
TheDirector of IT Production Supportis responsible for the daily monitoring of all the business area’s applications that are supported by MassDOT IT. The Director will coordinate the escalation and resolution of all major production incidents. This role is focused on internal MassDOT customers with the exception of cloud based and vendor applications. The Director will communicate, negotiate and manage these entities on behalf of MassDOT IT and the business customers.
This position works laterally across the organization. The Director reports to the Deputy CIO and will receive support and guidance from the SCIO, CTO, and Deputy CTO on a regular basis.
· Direct Application operations to meet internal customer requirements by supporting and maintaining existing applications
· Develop & implement metrics/ SLA’s to monitor performance and efficiency
· Manage all major incidents to ensure production issues are resolved in a timely manner; root cause analysis is complete & communicated and change orders are assigned to the correct teams for prevention of reoccurring issues
· Proactively drive process improvement for the departments PMO’s, maintenance initiatives and policy recommendations
· Direct, motivate and develop IT staff including (BA’s, Tech leads, script writers, etc.) who are responsible for the availability of applications that support various areas of the business within MassDOT
· Work alongside application development & infrastructure teams to support changes, fixes and enhances to applications
· Daily monitoring of business area applications; publishing reports on system availability
Set and maintain alerts within application monitoring software to ensure performance anomalies are reported immediately
· Utilize scripting technologies for application service purposes to track when & why applications need support
· Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups.
· Assure appropriate testing and configuration management are completed for all supported business applications
_Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_
· Demonstrated track record of managing internal applications, incident management and COTS teams
· Availability for emergency on call 24x7
· 5 years direct work experience as a Director in IT
· 10 years of experience within the SLDC discipline
· Demonstrated experience of running incident management processes & developing SLA’s
· Scripting experience
· BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field
· Willingness to take ownership of issues and ability to create and sustain a sense of urgency and accountability
· Excellent day-to-day operating management skills — ability to execute coupled with a disciplined approach and an ability to effectively manage risk
_MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS:_
Applicants must have at least (A) six (6) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional, administrative, supervisory, or managerial experience in business administration, business management, public administration, public management, clinical administration or clinical management of which (B) at least two (2) years must have been in a project management, supervisory or managerial capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A certificate in a relevant or related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required (A) experience.
II. A Bachelor’s degree in a related field may be substituted for two (2) years of the required (A) experience.
III. A Graduate degree in a related field may be substituted for three (3) years of the required (A) experience.
IV. A Doctorate degree in a related field may be substituted for four (4) years of the required (A) experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the Human Resources Specialist Alaina Seitz at 857-368-8596.
Job: *Information Systems and Technology
Organization: *Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Title: Director of IT Production Support
Location: Massachusetts-10 Park Plaza
Requisition ID: 1800044M