State of Massachusetts Security Operations Controller in 45 High Street OCC, Massachusetts
The Security Operations Controller position shall be part of a security operations center responsible for monitoring and responding to critical security and safety alarms across all MassDOT divisions including Highway, Rail and Transit, Registry of Motor Vehicles and Aeronautics.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Monitor system generated alarms and use video to verify response.
• Coordinate alarm response with MBTA Transit Police, MBTA Operations Control Center (OCC), Highway Operations Control (HOC), Mass. State Police, Registry of Motor Vehicles branches and local law enforcement or other agencies as directed.
• Create work orders for internal personnel or contractors for incident response or system maintenance.
• Perform door and gate operations, including lock/unlock, open/close and video verification.
• Assist investigations, including review of video, alarm and access archives.
• Monitor all security system status and report systems requiring intervention.
• Produce reports and analyze data from security system.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required and directed by the Security and Emergency Management Department.
• Complies with all policies, practices and safety procedures.
• Personnel must have computer skills necessary to run security programs and make necessary configuration changes to access levels.
• Personnel shall have experience working in security or security related system/network management.
• Personnel should have experience using video surveillance and access control.
• Strong Interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to operate a computer including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience with Genetec and Lenel a plus.
Shifts may vary and require the selected candidate to work any shift, including nights, holidays and weekends.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Robin Burke, Human Resources Specialist, at 857-368-8505.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional, administrative or managerial experience in business administration, business management or public administration the major duties of which involved program management, program administration, program coordination, program planning and/or program analysis, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
II. A Bachelor's or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Based on assignment, possession of a current and valid Massachusetts Class D Motor Vehicle Operator's License may be required.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
All job applications must be submitted online through MassCareers to be considered. If you need an accommodation to complete the application electronically, please contact the ADA Coordinator, Rita DiNunzio, at 857-368-8738.
Job: *Administrative Services
Organization: *Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Title: Security Operations Controller
Location: Massachusetts-45 High Street OCC
Requisition ID: 19000001