State of Massachusetts IT Business Analyst in 600 Washington Street, Massachusetts
About the Organization:
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government and is comprised of 12 agencies, in addition to 2 soldiers’ homes and the MassHealth program. EHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth — some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
About the Role:_
EHS is looking for a motivated Business Analyst to join the Department of Children and Families (DCF) application development team and support the Child Welfare Information Systems. The BA will act as a liaison between business area (Financial/Budget/Accounting) and technical organization analyzing complex business problems to be solved with automated systems.
The BA will work with business users and management to interpret and translate business rules and requirements into appropriate solutions.
The BA will acquire an understanding of the child welfare practices and analytical skills to improve child welfare outcomes by automation of business and workflow. Additionally, the BA is responsible for continued analysis of the field while always looking for trends and ways to improve processes for support.
• Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements and decompose high-level information into details
• Distinguish user requests from underlying true needs, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions
• Document requirements specifications according to standard process and templates
• Conduct integration testing of software to facilitate change management and quality assurance, including: development and implementation of standard test scenarios based on defined user stories
• Conduct application training to ensure end users of the business applications fully understand all features and functionality
• Manage change management issues related to new development requests and provide level II production support
Required Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:_
• 5 years of experience in business analysis or a related field
• Bachelor’s degree in business/finance or accounting (or equivalent work experience &/or specialized training)
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills and detail orientation
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; both technically and non technically
• Strong competency in Microsoft applications such as Excel
• Experience with Agile and SCRUM
• Experience with Visio, JIRA or similar tools
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
• Work experience in state, federal or local government
• Knowledge of Financial/Budget/Accounting applications; an accounting general principles
• Knowledge of Child Welfare Information Systems
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visithttp://www.mass.gov/hhs/coriand click on "Information for Job Applicants".
As part of the hiring process, the Office of Human Resources will be verifying any college-level degrees conferred to the selected candidate. Additionally, any licensure required for the position will be verified. Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
For questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 1-800-510-4122 and select option #2.
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
*An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Information Systems and Technology
Organization: *Exec Office Of Health and Human Services
Title: IT Business Analyst
Location: Massachusetts-600 Washington Street
Requisition ID: 20000572