State of Massachusetts Java Developer in 600 Washington Street, Massachusetts
_About the Organization:_
The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EHS) is the largest secretariat in MA state government and is comprised of 12 agencies, in addition to 2 soldiers’ homes and the MassHealth program. EHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than 1 in 4 residents in the Commonwealth — some of our most vulnerable children, youth, adults, and elders. EHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to those with low incomes. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support individuals who are developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf or hard of hearing.
_About the Role:_
The Department of Children and Families (DCF) is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer. The Full Stack Software Engineer will assist in the design and development of multiple applications. The team is looking for a motivated and results driven candidate with knowledge in software architecture/design to join the small-medium sized development team.
• Design, develop, and support full-stack web applications for the department, providers and constituents
• Create reports and visualizations to fulfill requests using a variety of database and analytic tools
• Design, develop, query database structures to support applications’ requirements or reporting
• Interact with Business Analysts or users to understand the business requirements and convert those into technical specifications
• Work within a cross-functional environment; with Business Analysts, Database Administrators, and data users to research and resolve issues
• Document and maintain code using change control software
• Coordinate with onsite teams as necessary during project delivery including daily calls
_Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science or a related field or relevant work experience
• Demonstrable programming aptitude JAVA/ J2EE technologies
• 3 Years of Extensive experience in the following is required:
o 1 Object Oriented programming language
o SQL, PL/SQL and Relational Databases such as ORACLE
o Understanding/ experience with Design Patterns and Software Architecture
o Git based software repositories
• Effective in the role of coordinator/liaison with development teams is highly desirable
/_About EOHHS and the CYF group of Agencies:_/
The mission of the EOHHS is to provide effective leadership in the delivery of health and human services that promote health, resilience and independence to improve the quality of life for individuals, families and communities throughout the Commonwealth./_
The Children, Youth and Families (CYF) cluster of agencies include: the Department of Children and Families (DCF), the Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA), the Department of Youth Services (DYS), the Executive Office of Elder Affairs (ELD), the Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EHS) including MassHealth, and the Office for Refugees and Immigrants (ORI). /_
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve - but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
75% state paid medical insurance premium
Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Low cost basic and optional life insurance
Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
Incentive-based Wellness Programs
Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
A criminal and tax history background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human Services prior to the candidate being hired. For more information, please visit http://www.mass.gov/hhs/cori and click on "Information for Job Applicants."
- Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
*An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Information Systems and Technology
Organization: *Exec Office Of Health and Human Services
Title: Java Developer
Location: Massachusetts-600 Washington Street
Requisition ID: 190007A7