The Computer Merchant, Ltd. System Administrator in Andover, Massachusetts
Reference # : 19-00398 Title : System Administrator Category: Information Technology
Position Type : Contract Experience Level : 8 Years Start Date / End Date : 02/25/2019 / 08/23/2019
Description System Administrators collaborate with a diverse team to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Program teams rely on your collaboration and guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT infrastructure problems.
This position is located in Andover, with potential for International and/or domestic travel.
• Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
• Provide system administration and maintenance support on Linux, Windows, and UNIX-based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
• Respond to online service requests from users
• Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
• Convert and upgrade to new systems
• Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
• Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
• 8 years of experience with Linux/Windows operating systems, including Linux 5, Linux 6, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2K3, 8, 12 server
• Active Directory and group policy management
• Data storage and data backup technologies
• Virtual computing technologies
• Thin client technologies
• Security+ certification
• Ability to collaborate effectively
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field
• 8 years of applicable professional experience in a related field is accepted in lieu of a University Degree
TCM is an EEO/Vets/Disabled Employer.