P3I, Incorporated ACAS Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts
ACAS Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) day to day engineering tasks and support of the deployed solution across the Air Force.
Requirements: (Please do not apply if you do not have these minimums)
- Must have 3+ years of Red Hat Enterprise Linux hands on system admin experience.
- A current CISSP or Security Plus certification (DOD 8570.1 requirement).
- BS degree and 4 years of experience.
- Must have experience with Tenable Security Center and Tenable Nessus (DoD ACAS).
- Candidates must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a DoD security clearance
The position for which you are applying requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), you may be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country in order to be granted a clearance.
- Experience with System Integration, Test & Deployment of Security Systems, Microsoft Active Directory and Server.
- Experience with networking & security devices: firewalls, proxies, IPS/IDS, boundary routers/servers, VPNs.
- Experience with system hardening (STIG) & patching solutions (Microsoft SCCM, RHEL Satellite Server, etc.).
- Information Assurance experience with RMF and NIST in a government environment.
- Experience with certificate authentication. PKI, SSH, etc.
- Quick study, fast-paced with short ramp-up. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to work as part of a team or independently, in a customer facing environment.
- Familiar with DoD Acquisition & Milestone C, 1067, T.O., TCTO. Understanding of the Technical Order/Time Compliance Technical Order (TO/TCTO) development process.
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring solutions such IBM NetCool, Splunk, Solarwinds, etc.
- Experience with COTS IT solutions, AF comms, & IT infrastructure.
- Install and document instructions or initial installation, operation and maintenance of computer systems and application. Document these processes and ensure that instructions can be followed by participating in technical order certifications.
- Perform system-level configuration, provide support and troubleshoot IT Systems to include Red Hat Enterprise Server, Windows 2012 Virtual Severs, various Network equipment, DNS, Active Directory, and remote access solution support for Terminal Services.
- Create, deploy and maintain virtual machine OVAs within the VMware and VSphere environments.
- Provide Level 3 support for ACAS hardware and software infrastructure. Monitor and respond to hardware, software, and network problems, address Level 2 escalations (issues escalated by Level 2), perform technical analyses, involve other support personnel and vendors when necessary, and resolve underlying problems. Document and provide corrective actions as necessary (white papers, TCTOs, FAQs, etc)
- Troubleshoot network systems and protocols to include TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP and HTTP.
- Perform capability analyses and evaluation of COTS/GOTS products, review system design, and analyze system interfaces to ensure compliance with DoD and commercially accepted standards and requirements. Develop white papers, technical requirements, and test plans to support these actions
- Recommend enhancements and improvements to the systems supporting ACAS and implement approved changes to these systems following the DoD approved procedures.
- Trouble shoot security vulnerability assessments, and specify mitigation and remediation actions.
- Implement security measures in servers, firewalls, and in LAN/WAN equipment to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Develop RMF Information Assurance artifact submissions.
- Receive tasking from the Lead ACAS Engineer, government engineers or program manager and complete the task with a minimum of supervision.
This position may require travel of up to one week per month.
Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Equipment and Machines:
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
Location: Bedford, Massachusetts
Employment Type: Full-Time
Minimum Experience: Experienced