Instrumentation Laboratory - Bedford Clinical IT Applications Manager in Bedford, Massachusetts
Our Passion. Your Results.
Instrumentation Laboratory (IL) is a global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic solutions for Acute Care Diagnostics, patient blood management and Hemostasis testing. Our success comes from a specific focus in these rapidly evolving diagnostic areas, our commitment to customers, and our dedication to innovation and quality. We’re passionate about providing medical professionals the most valuable and complete solutions to enhance patient care.
As an integral part of Werfen, a global healthcare company dedicated to delivering the highest quality in vitro diagnostic products, IL is supported by significant resources, outstanding scientific expertise and a tremendous knowledge base. IL is headquartered in Bedford, MA, USA.
The Clinical IT Applications Manager is a key member of the IT Solutions Marketing team operating within IL’s Worldwide Corporate Headquarters. This position is responsible for leading the global application training and development strategy for the IT Solutions product line. Training audiences include Clinical Applications, Technical Marketing and Service. The training programs and documentation are intended to improve the knowledge and competency of our affiliate commercial organizations, who enable our customers to enhance patient care and save time with our specialized clinical data management solutions.
• Create and maintain application manuals or guides that are approved and distributed worldwide as an integral part of our clinical IT product documentation
• Provide training on the set-up, validation, use and routine troubleshooting of IT Solutions products in accordance with established internal Quality requirements, course guidelines and objectives
• Maintain expert knowledge of current IL data management products, clinical applications and In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) industry trends through cross-functional internal networking, field travel and continuing education
• Act as an expert resource for the department by mentoring new employees and providing subject matter expertise for the Worldwide Marketing and Service department
• Responsible for tracking and reporting of departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to functional management
• Perform other duties as assigned
Budget managed (if applicable)
Internal Networking/Key relationships
• IT Solutions, Hemostasis and Acute Care Diagnostics Product Management
• Commercial Affiliate organizations (Clinical Applications, Marketing and Service)
• Clinical IT Support
• Worldwide Service
• Regulatory and Quality
Skills & Capabilities:
• Must demonstrate a high degree of proficiency in presenting technical training to applications, technical support, marketing and/or service
• Detail oriented with the ability to produce clear and concise technical training documents
• Strong technical and clinical knowledge pertaining to data management products for IVD applications
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment
• Outstanding communication, presentation skills and interpersonal skills
Min Knowledge & Experience required for the position:
o Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Health Care or related discipline
o 5-7 years of related work experience using clinical data management products (middleware, data manager or similar) or providing support for clinical customers
o Hemostasis lab experience or point-of-care diagnostics experience highly preferred
o Previous experience designing and/or delivering training programs preferred
o An MBS/MBA is desirable
• Additional Skills/Knowledge:
o Language: English
• Required: No
• Up to 25% of time
If you are interested in constantly learning and being challenged on a daily basis we encourage you to submit your resume or CV.
Instrumentation Laboratory appreciates and values diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Werfen is a global leader in in vitro diagnostics (IVD) in the specialties of Hemostasis, Acute Care Diagnostics and Autoimmunity. Our core business is dedicated to R&D, manufacturing and distribution of diagnostic systems for hospitals and clinical laboratories. Our other areas of expertise include Original Equipment Manufacturing, Clinical Software, Clinical Chemistry, Infusion Therapy, and Medical Devices and Scientific Instrumentation Distribution.
We operate directly in over 30 countries and in more than 100 territories through distributors. In 2016, our turnover was approximately 1.2 billion euros and we had an average workforce of 4,400 people. Currently, we are over 5,000 employees.
Job ID: 2021-3882
Street: 180 Hartwell Road