The MITRE Corporation Cloud Networking Engineer in Bedford, Massachusetts
Cloud Networking Engineer
Why choose between doing meaningfulwork and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's becauseMITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—andwe're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE isdifferent from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporationchartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts toinfluence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government createlasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation,defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference everyday—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Ourworkplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptionalprofessional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation thatembraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth.If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make adifference with us.
Do you have experience in network design? Do youhave a background in SDN, (IaC).
Do you have advanced routing & switchingknowledge. Do you understand scalability, network automation, and theimportance of data-driven decisions?
MITRE's Network Engineering team is currentlyseeking a Senior Network Engineer. This is a great opportunity to work in ateam environment where you will be part of the engineering group that supportsboth our corporate enterprise infrastructure and enables sponsor-facingprojects.
-Engineering design and implementation for IaaS
- Function as individual contributor in thedesign, deployment and maintenance of private and public cloud.
- Design and Implementation of:
AWS, VPC and VPCendpoints
Cloud VPN and BGPpeering
- Test and deploy cloud-based network devices, loadbalancers and firewalls
- Support and operate a Carrier Grade Networks
- Support and configure SSL and IPsec VPN technologies
- Support and configure firewalls, switches and routers
Provide engineering, administration, andmonitoring support for multiple network environments within MITRE.
- Troubleshoot complex network problemsincluding; routing and switching, protocol problems, and WAN/LANfailures.
- Knowledge of design/deployment/sustainment ofthe following protocols/technologies in an enterprise production environment:
Routing protocols, such as (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP,IS-IS)
- Effective as lead engineer for high-visibilityprojects
- Assist in development and implementation ofnetwork infrastructure to include the following:
Design and test plans
Implementation plan and operational models
- Develop effective technical and supportdocumentation for use in maintaining the environment
- Maximize network performance by monitoringperformance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, schedulingupgrades.
- Must beavailable for some evening and weekend work and able to participate in a 7x24on-call rotation.
- Must be able to work in and around dataclosets, racks, and be able to lift20lbs
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools such asSplunk, Cisco Prime, NetBrain etc.
- Understanding of DNS & DHCP protocols andfunctions
- Experience turning requirements intocomprehensive network design and implementation plans in a multi-siteservice-based environment.
- Experience evaluating the performance ofcommunications networks.
- Strong understanding of the OSI stack
Demonstrable experience as individual contributor designing cloudinfrastructures with knowledge of multiple cloud vendors, architectures, andinterconnectivity
3 to 5 years’ experience building scalablecustomer containers, public and private cloud environments, such as AWS,Google, Azure
Experience with deployment tools, such as Ansiblein a multi-tenant environment
BS 3-5 years of related experience PreferredQualifications:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in networkdesign and implementation for an enterprise environment
- Experience with continuous delivery ofapplications and services
- Experience with delivering infrastructurethrough industry best practices of automation and controlled by a configurationmanagement framework.
- ITIL Framework familiarity
Job SW Eng, Comp Sci & Mathematics
Primary Location United States-Massachusetts-Bedford
Other Locations United States-Virginia-McLean
This requisition requires a clearance of Secret
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job Posting Mar 7, 2019, 5:08:34 PM
Req ID: 00051872
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age, color, race, disability, marital status, national and ethnic origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical or genetic information, and other protected status.
The MITRE Corporation
- The MITRE Corporation Jobs