Centene Corporation Lead Software Architect in Bedford, Massachusetts
At Casenet, a Centene company, our mission is to improve the health of individuals and populations by developing technology solutions that promote patient engagement, support provider collaboration, and meet compliance requirements. We believe that when people, systems and data work in harmony, we can make a real, lasting, and positive impact on healthcare. Our software engineers create, test and deliver TruCare, a Best in KLAS® enterprise care management platform that our customers use to provide tailored healthcare to their clients.
You will be joining an experienced team that is designing and developing TruCare Cloud, a new care management cloud platform, as well as enhancing TruCare, Casenet’s flagship on-premise care management application.
We’re looking for a leader who can bring fresh ideas to our business. Our team is talented, energetic, and enthusiastic to create new solutions and use new testing approaches.
Lead software architecture for TruCare Cloud, a new care management cloud platform.
Responsibility for training, mentoring, and career development for the team of software architects.
Provide leadership direction, technical guidance and process expertise to a highly skilled team of software architects supporting all TruCare development teams.
Guide teams to optimize non-functional requirements: compliance, interoperability, maintainability, performance, quality, reliability, scalability and usability.
Collaborate with peers in Customer Services, Software Development, DevOps, Performance Engineering, Product Management, Program Management, Quality Assurance, Sales and Technical Support.
Contribute to a continuously improving culture of software engineering excellence.
Review TruCare software architecture and software development practices with customers when requested, and seek feedback from customers to drive improvements.
Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices in software architecture, application design and development.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
· 7+ years of experience of software architecture for an enterprise application.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand customer requirements and work with team to design effective solutions.
· Strong technical aptitude and knowledge of software engineering best practices.
· Experience applying agile development methodologies including scrum and/or kanban.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills - use software engineering experience and business acumen to communicate effectively in the technical language of software developers and in the business and healthcare industry language of end users.
· Expected Behaviors include Accountability, Adaptability, Relationship Building, Highly Communicative, Decisiveness, Empowering & Influencing Others.
· Experience migrating applications to cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
· Experience with microservices architecture, including designing and developing multi-tenant applications using tools for containerization and orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes.
· Experience leading software development for healthcare applications, ideally systems used by payers such as medical and pharmacy claims and eligibility systems.
· Experience developing software using Bitbucket, Confluence, Git, Jenkins and JIRA.
· Experience leading software development for on premise and SaaS applications
· Knowledge of regulations and industry guidance regarding patient privacy and the impact on healthcare systems, processes and data.
· Experience modernizing monolithic applications to use a microservices model.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
TITLE: Lead Software Architect
LOCATION: Bedford, Massachusetts
POSITION TYPE: Both
- Centene Corporation Jobs