Eversource Energy Strategist, Meter-to-Cash in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Strategist, Meter-to-Cash position will be responsible for providing analytical support Meter-to-Cash functions within the Customer Group, including participating on task forces and developing special studies, business cases, financial and economic analysis, cost benefit analysis, development and monitoring of metrics, etc. The Strategist, Meter-to-Cash role will have the ability to achieve and influence results through others, both internal and external to the reporting unit, builds and maintains networks of key contacts across the organization facilitating organizational efficiencies. This role develops and documents technical specifications, test plans and implementation plans for system/process related work requests. Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) to enhance IT systems in order to make business practices more efficient and economical. Works with users and vendors to determine desired performance levels and establish measures necessary to monitor goals. The Strategist, Meter-to-Cash position develops, monitors and reports to key internal and external stakeholders. The Strategist, Meter-to-Cash position also troubleshoots a variety of issues related to the Meter-to-Cash process, makes recommendations to leadership and analyzes existing work practices to support effective operations. In addition the Strategist, Meter-to-Cash role may act as a project team lead as appropriate.
- Analyzes processes and data and converts such into value-added information and recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities for process change or continuous improvement and facilitates the acceptance and implementation of the change.
- Understands information technology solutions and how they can best be leveraged to meet business and stakeholder needs.
- Develops reports, prepares and delivers presentations, writes procedures and performs other related activities as needed.
- Assumes lead role in special assignments as necessary.
- Reports, tracks, retrieve and analyze performance data.
- Troubleshoots business processes and systems.
- Supports or conducts audits and develops regulatory responses and compliance filings.
- Responsible for coordinating recommended system and work practice changes with other departments including testing and training.
- Provides analytical and technical support on daily work processes and systems involving the Meter to Cash life cycle.
- Actively monitors vendor relationships.
- Collaborates with key internal business partners to identify and resolve internal service level agreement issues.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, statistical and mathematical skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Familiarity with budgeting and accounting concepts. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel spreadsheets, charts and building functions required. Familiarity with Microsoft Access preferred. Experience with utilities and distribution systems, preferred. Knowledge of Meter-to-Cash concepts and operating procedures. Demonstrated proficiency with PCs and computer applications. Working knowledge of billing, payment, and metering systems is desired. Advanced Excel with the ability to write Macros is also desired. Familiarity with SQL and query writing is preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment and possess strong communication. Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business-related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience : A minimum of (5) five or more years of related experience with special emphasis in business analysis, data collection, or project management support is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications : Must have a valid motor vehicle license.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor