Cabot Corporation Sr. Process Operator – Advanced Carbons (Temp to Perm) in Billerica, Massachusetts
Carbon nanomaterials are the next wave of carbons that are finding diverse applications ranging from aerospace to batteries in everyday devices. Cabot is ramping up production of Carbon Nanostructures, a best in class conductive carbon additive, and is looking to add enthusiastic and experienced process operators for our state-of-the-art production facility. Our manufacturing is located in our Business and Technology Center in Billerica in close proximity to our research and application development teams. Join our growing team and help us scale up production and reinvent the future with our enabling materials.
To learn more about Cabot's Carbon Nanostructures (CNS) please visit the website: https://athloscns.cabotcorp.com/.
*This role will start as first shift and eventually move to second shift. It is also a temp-to-hire position.
• Controls production process and operates all related equipment using the control system. Follows standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Product Quality Control Plans (PQCP).
• Carefully and continuously monitors the process and corrects process upsets based on SOP. Adjusts controls to regulate variables as per instructions. Performs set up procedures to prepare systems for operation.
• Monitors and troubleshoots the process to maintain required operating conditions. Conducts in process Quality Control testing.
• Performs minor maintenance and cleaning on process and support equipment
• Maintains updated operating procedures, records, and production activity reports.
• Moves and connects flammable gas cylinders to manifolds. Conducts leak checks. Procures raw materials from storage to supply the process. Collects and packages process waste materials for disposal
• May use business management systems to enter work orders and requisitions.
• May transfer and move materials in heavy containers. Assists in packaging product for shipment and in loading/unloading product or raw materials.
• Participates in scheduled safety meetings and completes safety training requirements.
• May provide training and guidance to operators in training.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Keeps work area safe and clean.
• Manual dexterity, accuracy and attention to details. General mechanical aptitude.
• Able to read and interpret complex operating instructions. Basic knowledge of shop mathematics in order to read blueprints.
• High level of safety awareness and attention to details.
• Written, verbal communication and active listening skills. Capacity to cross-train with other operating units. Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team-based environment.
• Organizational and record keeping skills. Familiarity with computers as a user.
• Flexibility in performing changing assignments and work schedules. Required to work off-shift hours after initial training.
• Ability to lift heavy containers and use material handling equipment.
• Ability to remain calm and react effectively in critical situations.
• Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
• High School diploma, or equivalent. Additional course of study and licensing for chemical operation a plus.
• 5-7 years of chemical operation experience is preferred. Previous experience with fiber processing lines a plus.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and place high value in creating an inclusive workplace where all employees can contribute, thrive, and advance. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2021-9558
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com