BJs Wholesale Club Business Systems Manager in BJ's Home Office, Massachusetts
Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
The Business Systems Manager is responsible for providing daily support of accurate planning, fulfillment, and distribution of product throughout the Supply Chain. This Manager will work closely with the Operations COE Director, Master Data Manager, members of the Supply Chain, Merchandising, and Operations Teams, along with IT to assist in building and developing a roadmap of long-term system solutions and lead operational implementations for process improvement. This role requires knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, analytics, forecasting & replenishment and coordination of people and resources.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
• Provide management oversight to the Business Systems Support teams
• Drive continuous changes to P&A tool design and implementation
• Manage continuous improvement initiatives for the Supply Chain, Operations and Merchandising Division
• Understand how all Blue Yonder applications & interacting supply chain systems consume data and the impact of changes
• Ability and willingness to seek and incorporate input from others in order to develop collaborative solutions
• Acts as a liaison between the business (Supply Chain, Operations and Merchandising) and BJ’s IT teams
• Work closely with IT teams on business process improvements and system solution implementations
• Knowledge of outside industry best practices and controls around Supply Chain and Merchandising systems
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities
• Thoroughly understand the nature of the business requirement for each project and recommend important strategic decisions to define the overall project deliverables.
• Secure and allocate appropriate resources and manage projects to meet Division goals and achieve financial objectives
• Organize projects by defining scope and objectives, securing needed resources, and establishing the project governance structure
• Ability to provide clear and concise direction and instructions to staff and other departments
• Experience to lead change by making recommendations to management to implement changes as warranted through communication and persuasion skills
• Manage a team of highly motivated individuals - direct the hiring, training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of Supply Chain staff
• Experience in JDA/BY including Demand & Fulfill, Enterprise Planning; Supply Chain applications such as Warehouse Management, Transportation, Planning & Allocation, and Financial Planning tools
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel skills, Analysis and Tableau skills required
• High degree of integrity, humility and professionalism
• Customer focused and respectful of others
• Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, via email, in person and in small group settings
• Good understanding of business process and relevant supply chain relationships that exist within the retail industry
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Experience in Retail Planning & Allocation systems
• Outstanding planning, organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible night and weekend, when necessary
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, team environment
Education Requirements (Preferred/Required)
Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (Supply Chain Management, Business Administration or Information Management) and/or demonstrates capability to perform job responsibilities through previous experience.
Years of Experience
7 years - 10 years: 8 - 10 years of retail experience preferred; 6 - 8 years of Supply Chain Management experience is preferred
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates more than 215 clubs, 145 BJ's Gas® locations and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. BJ’s is a Fortune 500 company and was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Become an integral member of the BJ’s Wholesale Club team, where we help our Members stock up for less in a convenient one-stop shop.