U.S. Bank Agile DevOps Engineer- Telecommute in Boston, Massachusetts
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a talented and passionate Dev Ops Engineer for a unique role with technical knowledge and hands-on experience in DevOps including installation, patch upgrade, automatic deployment, ensuring security, correctness, and performance of deployed systems for Kofax KTA document capture platform
About the team:
You're considering a career with one of the most admired, reputable and strongest banks in the United States. You will be called to apply your talents and creative energy as we invest our hearts and minds to power human potential. The Content and Workflow Services (CWS) group provides enterprise applications and services for storing, retrieving, and managing content/documents—making up a critical technology competency across the entire bank.
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
• Serve as a DevOps Engineer for Capture Applications – specifically Kofax KTA and be responsible for maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems and servers
• Automate software build, deployment, and testing processes for vendor-provided and in-house software to help facilitate continuous integration
• Participate in development and smoke testing of capture applications (KTA and Datacap) as needed
• Be a team player, flexible and ready to take initiative, explore new ideas, learn continuously and mentor team as needed
• Plan and manage off-hours software releases
• Provision software system environments including virtual machines, operating systems, Docker images, network configuration, and software installation
• Maintain software system environments including the regular application of software patches, version upgrades, software deployments
• Support software system environments including tier 3 on-call support, this includes advanced troubleshooting, engagement of other internal and external support teams, and implementation of corrective changes
• Support other teams to build and maintain their own Windows VM hosted instances of a vendor-provided software package
• Produce and maintain software system documentation to facilitate support
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience
• At least 3 years of work experience in Dev Ops OR KTA Software Development
• Expertise with scripting (preferable power shell scripts) SQL (SQL Server preferred) and automation tools.
• Experience in Environment monitoring preferable PRTG/AppDynamics
• Familiarity to XML and JSON data structure and with techniques for parsing and manipulating them
• Familiarity with Log aggregation: Splunk/Kibana
• Experience with containers, automatic deployment (Jenkins) and cloud deployment (Docker/Kubernetes)
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins and Ansible preferred
• Strong knowledge of C#, .Net features
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills: knowledge of UML desired
• Team Foundation Server (TFS) for source control, build, deployment
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 200014014
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
- U.S. Bank Jobs