Huron Consulting Group Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE), Data Scientist in Boston, Massachusetts
At Huron, we help our clients imagine the future and transform for tomorrow. Because our clients rely on Huron’s forward-thinking perspective, we are investing heavily in our ability to harness the power of data and continue to provide innovative solutions to the industries we serve. As part of Huron’s Analytics Center of Excellence, you will be working at the leading-edge of or our advanced analytics capabilities and helping our clients solve some of their most strategic objectives.
As a Data Scientist in Huron’s Analytics COE, you will combine your background in mathematics or statistics with your skills in programming and storytelling to help our client’s answer their most important questions with data. You will work on a team with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and other data professionals to innovate at speed and scale. If you thrive on variety, this role may be just for you – we tackle data challenges across industries and domains based on our clients’ most critical needs.
Our environment inspires and rewards growth. Huron is big enough to offer the opportunity and exposure you need for your career growth—but small enough to give you individual attention for your professional development. Every Manager adds to who we are as an organization—and the more you evolve, the more we do. An exciting career experience awaits you: It’s intense… it’s analytically rigorous… it’s practical… it’s entrepreneurial… it’s intellectually stimulating—and most definitely—it’s career-defining. It’s the Huron way.
Let’s get to work – together.
• Ability to lead data science projects
• Ability to build and validate hypotheses for modeling data-driven predictions of business outcomes leveraging advanced mathematical and statistical techniques such as machine learning
• Ability to communicate results of analyses to multiple audiences, including non-technical stakeholders
• Strong understanding of ML fundamentals and the ML workflow
• 2+ years’ experience scripting in Python
• 3+ years of experience with applied statistics or experimentation (e.g., A/B testing, clustering) in a commercial setting
• 3+ years of experience performing complex quantitative analysis and working with distributed and/or highly complex datasets (e.g., Hive, Hadoop).
• Proficiency querying multiple database types (SQL, NoSQL)
• Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, engineering, or another quantitative field
• AWS experience strongly preferred (Boto3, Sagemaker and core services such as S3, DynamoDB, etc.)
• Experience with other relevant languages such as R, Flask, Plotly.js, and/or React.js
• Practical experience with core deep learning concepts (e.g., neural networks, gradient descent)
• Practical experience with natural language processing
• Strong communication and leadership skills
At Huron, we’re redefining what a consulting organization can be. We go beyond advice to deliver results that last. We inherit our client’s challenges as if they were our own. We help them transform for the future. We advocate. We make a difference. And we intelligently, passionately, relentlessly do great work…together.
Are you the kind of person who stands ready to jump in, roll up your sleeves and transform ideas into action? Then come discover Huron.
Whether you have years of experience or come right out of college, we invite you to explore our many opportunities. Find out how you can use your talents and develop your skills to make an impact immediately. Learn about how our culture and values provide you with the kind of environment that invites new ideas and innovation. Come see how we collaborate with each other in a culture of learning, coaching, diversity and inclusion. And hear about our unwavering commitment to make a difference in partnership with our clients, shareholders, communities and colleagues.
Huron Consulting Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage to employees and dependents; a 401(k) plan with a generous employer match; an employee stock purchase plan; a generous Paid Time Off policy; and paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Our Wellness Program supports employee total well-being by providing free annual health screenings and coaching, bank at work, and on-site workshops, as well as ongoing programs recognizing major events in the lives of our employees throughout the year. All benefits and programs are subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Huron is fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity to job applicants and employees in recruitment, hiring, employment, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Huron will not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, religion, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, creed, citizenship or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the locations where we do business. We endeavor to maintain a drug-free workplace. Huron will consider qualified applications with criminal history in accordance with applicable laws.
Job ID: JR-0001099
Category: Enterprise Solutions & Analytics Consulting
Opportunity Type: Experienced
Country: United States
Requisition ID: 9770
Huron Consulting Group
- Huron Consulting Group Jobs