State of Massachusetts Business Operations Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
_About The Executive Office of Technology Services and Security:_
The Executive Office of Technology and Security Services is the state’s lead office for technology. EOTSS places our customers and constituents at the heart of everything we do. We provide modern and responsive digital services and productivity tools to more than 40,000 internal customers, including state agencies, business units and employees who provide essential information and services to the citizens of the Commonwealth.
We take an agile, data-driven approach to directly serve our constituents by providing digital services and tools – such as Mass.gov – that enable taxpayers, drivers, businesses, visitors, families and other citizens to do business with the Commonwealth in a way that makes every interaction with government easier, faster, and more secure.
EOTSS provides secure and quality digital information, services, and tools to customers and constituents when and where they need them.
_About the Role:_
EOTSS is looking for an Engagement Associate to join our engagement team. The Engagement Associate will plan and organize the day to day operational and financial management of the various business units under the purview of the Chief Engagement Officer. This includes Digital Services, Data Office, Strategy Management, Customer Success, Municipal and School Technology, and more. The Business Operations Manager acts as a liaison between the Chief Engagement Officer and internal EOTSS administrative departments to coordinate both operational and capital budget management, procurement of goods and services, vendor and contract management and the onboarding and off boarding of staff.
_Business Operations Manager Responsibilities:_
• Forecast spending projections and develop budget reports on a quarterly and annual basis for the individual business units, and the entire Chief Engagement Officer portfolio.
• Prepare, review, and finalize yearly operational and capital budgets requests
• Track and maintain an integrated operational view for all business units within the Chief Engagement Officer’s portfolio.
• Ensure that budgeted expenses and actual expenses are tracked consistently and logically throughout the fiscal year
• Build and maintain open communication with all departments within EOTSS.
• Renew licenses on a yearly or as-needed basis
• Track procurements from submission to delivery and ensure timely fulfillment of requests
• Ensure that invoicing is reviewed and approved for payment
• Standardize onboarding and off boarding processes for contractors and FTEs
• Work with managers to ensure knowledge of and implementation of policies and procedures as appropriate
_Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:_
• 3-5 years of experience in operations management; preferably in the public sector
• Master's in Public Policy or relevant experience
• Possesses excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and highly organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and manage competing demands
• Experience developing and maintaining budgets, conducting financial analysis and program management
• Demonstrated collaborative attitude and ability to create and sustain effective working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing situations and meet changing priorities
• Proven effective communication, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership capabilities
• Familiarity working with private sector technology companies
• A passion for working in a mission-driven agency with a commitment to civic tech
• Familiarity with Massachusetts procurement laws and regulations
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Work and Excel
• Familiarity with OnBase
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must have at least (A) four years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in work simplification, management analysis, program analysis, methods analysis, economic analysis, fiscal analysis, financial analysis, budget analysis, program administration, or program management or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor's degree with a major in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, budget management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor's degree or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management, public administration, industrial engineering or industrial management may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
NOTE: Educational substitutions will be permitted for a maximum of three years of the required experience.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Administrative Services
Organization: *Exec Office of Technology Services and Security
Title: Business Operations Manager
Location: Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
Requisition ID: 200004S4