Schneider Electric Customer MDM Program Leader in Boston, Massachusetts
*About our Company * Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of €25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On*.*
The Digital Data Hub of Schneider Electric creates value and efficiency by providing business leaders with high quality information to make better decisions, faster. Having well-governed and managed data will improve our customer experience and in turn grow our digital sales and core offers. With the variety, volume and velocity of data in today’s world, and to prepare for its future, the Digital Data Hub provides the capabilities and platforms to eliminate data silos, perform the foundational data management activities regarding customer, product and vendor data, and transform our data culture to reinforce the behaviors required to sustain data excellence in our daily data operations across Schneider Electric.
The mission of the customer end-to-end master data management team within the Digital Data Hub is to collect, govern and share high qualitydata across the Schneider Electric value chain to enable a consistent and accurate depiction of our business interactions with our customers, enabling our digital customer-centric digital strategy.
To strengthen our data foundations and enable our data driven insights strategic outcome, we are looking for a program director to lead a Modern Customer MDM (Master Data Management) transformation program.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to
- Lead strategic projects that promote the company’s core values and meet our strategic goals.
- Organize and coordinate multidisciplinary teams across geographies within Schneider Electric, vendors and partners.
- Oversee the progress of the program and projects and manage exceptions (key issues and risks, scope, schedule & cost variances) to ensure key results are delivered in timely manner.
- Develop efficient strategies and tactics to ensure the program delivers the desirable outcome / business value to our organization.
- Not applicable
Duties and responsibilities
- Formulate, organize, plan and monitor the program execution through the lifecycle
- Define and execute the program processes and controls
- Decide and execute suitable & efficient strategies and tactics to deliver the outcomes (including change management, communication, deployment strategies)
- Comply with & leverage Schneider Digital System and project management framework
- Develop interactive performance dashboard to provide visibility and transparency to milestones, deliverables, costs and value by month.
- Manage & control the program & projects scope, cost and schedule variances
- Manage risks & issues and remediation actions
- Coordinate the projects and interdependencies within and outside the program scope
- Assume the responsibility of the project teams including vendors and partners
- Manage resource allocation & utilization across the projects through the fully life cycle of the implementation from identification of business requirements (definition, business rules), functional design (including user stories and scenario design, data model definition, flow mapping), configuration (match rules, survivorship rules, rules tuning, …) prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures, go-live, hypercare and project closure
- Review vendors and partners statement of work and work orders and evaluate their performance
- Manage stakeholders & communication
- Report progress to the program steering committee & sponsors
- In alignment with data vision and strategy, evaluate opportunities for future development and formulate plans (e.g. extension to other data entities/domains).
Leadership skills:proven**ability to
“Shape our future” : Don’t wait for the future. Invent it.
“Build the best team” : Make your team better. Better than yourself
“Deliver the results” : Beat the market
“Free-up energy”: Keep it simple
“Use your judgment” : Manage ambiguity and Common sense
Embody* Schneider Electric Core values*: customer first, dare to disrupt, act like owner, learn everyday
Deep passion for the customer, proven ability to create an excellent customer experience using lean startup techniques that rely on data driven decisions
Highly collaborative and transparent, committed to breaking down silos
Ability to* communicate effectively at executive level*
Outstanding organizational skills
Excellent problem-solving ability
BSc/BA diploma in management or a relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus
Program & project management qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Project or Program Manager for large initiatives focused on reference and master data (entity/customer a plus)
- Thorough understanding and use of project/program management techniques and methods
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of operational performance measurement and change management (e.g. earned value management, adoption, business value realization)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed & culturally diverse global environment
- Experience in financial management of large programs, demonstrated ability to manage limited resources effectively while maintain delivery timelines
- Mininum of 2 years as practitioner of agile methodology (product manager, product owner, , coach…)
- Program/project management certification (PMP, Prince2, Agile) is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office; working knowledge of program/project management software is a strong advantage
Data management qualifications
- Expertise in Master data management & data governance principles
- Minimum of 5 years experience in MDM projects using tools such as Informatica, Reltio, Orchestra EBX5, STIBO Step, IBM Initiate, SAP MDG including areas of core MDM, configuration, service integration framework and workflow
- Minimum of 2 years experience in full life cycle MDM project from design to deployment
- Minimum of 2 years experience in data integration (batch and/or API), data preparation, data quality and data integrity controls
- Functional familiary with one or multiple key master data entity/domain such as Individuals (Consumer, Contact, Employee…), Organizations (Customer, Partner, Supplier, …), Product, Locations, Assets, … and the key challenges typically involved in implementing MDM for that entity/domain
- Knowlegde of data governance tools such as Collibra or Informatica EDC
- Knowledge of data quality tools to profile, cleanse, standardize and enrich data
- Knowledge of large scale data ecosystems leveraging cloud based platforms
- Familiar with data stewardship activities
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Boston
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 0055YV