Avanade Inc. Data Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
About You: You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the Role: As a Senior Consultant, Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to the business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
How we support you: We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, hotel and travel discounts, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
About you: You design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Give colleagues and clients the tools to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis
- Use your sound eye for business to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures to spot future opportunities
- Assess client needs to build bespoke data design services
- Build the building blocks for transforming enterprise data solutions
- Design and build modern data pipelines, data streams, and data service Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Craft the architectures, data warehouses and databases that support access and Advanced Analytics, and bring them to life through modern visualization tools
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring
- Be comfortable to make your own decisions and guide your colleagues
- Travel as needed to various client locations
Your skills and business experience include:
- Transforming business needs into technical solutions
- Mapping data and analytics
- Data profiling, cataloguing and mapping to enable the design and build of technical data flows
- Use proven methods to solve business problems using Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams and system integration
- Knowledge of multiple Azure data applications including Azure Databricks
- Experience in preparing data for and building pipelines and architecture
You probably have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or machine learning - or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You’re likely to be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or Database Administrator already, and you have been in a similar professional position for around five to seven years.
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at email@example.com or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs