Amazon Web Services Data Engineering Manager - AWS New Initiative in Boston, Massachusetts
AWS is building several new analytics-driven services that will transform the sales and marketing ecosystem. We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager to manage a Data Engineering team that designs and implements scalable ETL processes, data catalogs and data quality to support the rapidly growing demand for structured and unstructured datasets. You will mentor the team to maintain highest standards for security and operational excellence. As a Data Engineering Manager you will maintain roadmaps, deliverables, and production systems and collaborate closely with the product managers, Data Scientists and Engineering teams to ingest the needed data in a timely manner.
If you are a passionate learner looking to be part of a new strategic AWS initiative, have a startup-DNA, and want to create the next-generation sales engagement offerings, contact us to learn more!
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Data Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of Data Engineers and will play a thought leadership role in our team – the team will look to you for advice on data and business issues facing them. You work with product managers and other stakeholders to identify, ingest and maintain datasets from various sources. You should be an expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable pipelines that continually ingest data from various systems into the data lake and into end-user facing services. The role requires someone who loves data, understands enterprise information systems, has a strong business sense, and can lead a team to put these skills into action.
Location: Strong preference for this position to be in Boston, but open to these additional locations: Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and Arlington, VA. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and 7+ years industry experience
· Experience providing technical leadership and mentor other engineers for data engineering best practices
· Demonstrated strength in data modeling, data quality, data warehousing, feature engineering, and ETL pipelines
· Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
· Experience with at least one massively parallel processing data technology such as Redshift, Spark or Hadoop/EMR based big data solution
· Experience managing a technical team of 5+ engineers for 2 or more years
· Experience Communicating to senior management and customers verbally and in writing
· Master's/PhD degree in or Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
· Demonstrated experience in the fields of Database and/or Data Warehousing, Data Sciences and Big Data processing
· Experience with AWS Tools and Technologies (Redshift, S3, EC2, SageMaker)
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs