Albertsons Deployment Technician I in BOSTON, Massachusetts
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Deployment Technician I. This position is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation and support standard hardware and software platforms and systems throughout Shaw's retail stores as well as all new stores.
- Accountability for receiving, staging, and tracking IT equipment and tools for retail stores.
- Conduct pilots of installation process and procedures for retail equipment
- Configuration and installation of desktop peripherals and network technologies
- Return old equipment to service center updated inventory systems
- Provide complete recoverability of systems and applications.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of business application and system problems.
- Trouble shooting and resolution of in-store Scales & Wrapping Systems.
- Manage the installation of new hardware and software.
- Maintain equipment inventory controls and policies.
- Work with Support Center (STSC) on assignment of problems, support issues and concerns with computer systems.
- Interface with all Corporate IT groups for on-site support and technology resolutions.
- Adhere to repair standards and service levels established.
- Travel will be required to store locations for equipment installs, some out of town and includes overnight stays and at other times the travel would be to the Division service center.
- High school graduate, BA/BS degree preferred.
- 1+ years retail business experience.
- 1-3 years IT/Technical training post high school includes Operating Systems and hardware certifications.
- Internal or external experience with technology systems and hardware.
- Information Technology project implementation exposure with 2 year's technical systems experience.
- Exposure and understanding of Scales & Wrapping Systems.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exposure and understanding of Safeway Superior Service objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and business orientation.
- Able to think strategically and conceptually while managing details.
- Able to work independently but also a strong team player.
- Must have flexibility to work a variety of shifts, day, swing and evening
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, some twisting and turning with equipment installs.
- Must have a good, safe driving record.
- Must have own personal transportation
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled