Cengage Learning Digital Content Producer (Temporary) in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
National Geographic Learning is seeking an entry-level Digital Content Producer . The Digital Content Producer is responsible for executing the build of websites and upload of content through Wordpress and Drupal platforms. The ideal candidate will be a resourceful self-starter, and demonstrate a proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results. Project begins at 10-20 hours per week with the potential to take on additional projects.
● Build websites in Drupal and Wordpress using Content Management tools, according to NGL Branding and other guidelines.
● Define production schedules of multiple projects with similar and tight deadlines on an ongoing basis
● Communicate status of projects to all stakeholders regularly and track stakeholder feedback
● Coordinate Editorial content translation to digital platform
● Correct issue escalations including content corrections, downloadable files, and layout issues in a timely manner
● Manage existing documentation and make corrections as needed
Skills You Will Need Here:
● Prior experience with website content management systems (Drupal, Wordpress) is a plus. Training will be provided. Note that prior knowledge of code is not necessary.
● Ability to navigate multiple projects and stakeholder work streams simultaneously
● Maintain flexibility and organization throughout complex systems and products
● Successful collaboration with cross-functional teams and ability to advocate for best practices
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Strong ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and maintain a positive attitude
Requisition ID 2018-5396
Job Function Editorial
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.