Fiserv Director, Client Management, Card Services in Boston, Massachusetts
This role can be located anywhere in the United States.
The Director, Client Management manages a team of Client Executives responsible for sales, revenue and client satisfaction for Card Services’ Key Account team. The successful candidate should possess a strong knowledge of the card services processing and payments industry as well as a good understanding of what’s important to large domestic banks. This position will interact with executive level clients and their management teams. Additionally, this candidate must have strong interpersonal, communications and presentation skills and be able to navigate successfully within Fiserv’s matrix organizations.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s degree required
Job Related Experience:
3+ years of leadership or mentoring experience
10+ years of sales or account management experience (preference for working with large financial institutions) in a business-to-business environment
Must be computer proficient with a variety of systems applications, including but not limited to MS-Office and sales tracking tools.
Ability to travel 40% - 50%.
Preferred Qualifications for Consideration:
3+ years of Management experience
Card Services Experience
• Develops and maintains effective long-term relationships between Fiserv and clients by establishing and cultivating relationships with key individuals to drive the highest levels of satisfaction and loyalty with key senior-level decision makers and influencers at select group of clients.
• Serves as an industry expert; including communicating relevant industry trends and best practices to clients that ultimately create demand for Fiserv’s products and services.
• Conducts regular status and strategy meetings with select clients’ senior management to understand their needs and link them to Fiserv’s product/service strategies positioning us as a “partner of choice” versus vendor.
• Serves as senior face of Fiserv to clients for Card Services, effectively articulating our vision and direction
• Serves as escalation point for both internal and external issues; managing issues to closure and seeks additional support/help when necessary
• Engages and builds relationships with other leaders across division, and company
Growing the Business:
• Sets direction and provides strategic support in developing and executing Card Services account plans to maximize revenue, new opportunities, customer satisfaction and contract renewals.
• Works with a defined set of clients to meet and exceed revenue targets by increasing revenue spend per client, and by identifying, developing and closing new sales opportunities
• Manages revenues and provides broad oversight regarding expenses within department and is responsible for meeting budget goals and objectives
• Directs the identification and pursuit of new business opportunities within assigned accounts
• Partners with other Card Services teams and other Fiserv divisions to turn business development opportunities into specific initiatives
• Directs strategic analysis of market trends, competition, and identification of new growth opportunities
• Effectively communicates team and individual goals including coaching to and creating detailed plans (account plans, call plans, opportunity plans, etc.) to accomplish the overall goals and to ensure the team is accountable for results
• Proficient in building and developing teams; provides productive input for creating individual development plans and provides consistent support through coaching and effective feedback
• Effectively selects, develops, and evaluates talent to ensure ongoing success and future growth of the team
• Effectively communicates at all levels throughout the organization including but not limited to sharing of broader vision, responding to concerns in a professional manner, and escalating issues across and up the organization
• Leads teams effectively ensuring optimal performance of individuals; actively participates in meetings to address questions/concerns of the teams and communicates business and other updates with team timely
• Effectively represent account management in broader business meetings
• Strong business & financial acumen; must be able to understand broader business issues; collaborates with Finance to set revenue budget and other financial targets, understands implications and business drivers
• Financial Services industry knowledge and/or experience preferred
• Ability to forge strong, effective relationships across the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and effectively communicate at all levels
• Demonstrated strong proactive problem solving skills
About our Business:
The Card Services business at Fiserv provides complete debit, credit, and ATM payment services to financial institutions as well as Accel®, a premier payments network. Our products, services and strategies allow our clients to maximize revenue, increase customer acquisition, improve retention, reduce expense, minimize risk and increase share of wallet.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.