Lumen Director, Indirect Segment Product Management & Development - Nationwide in Boston, Massachusetts
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Director, Indirect Segment Product Management & Development leads a matrix team of cross-functional resources addressing the Lumen Indirect product programs. This role reports to VP, Product Management & Development, Segment Growth Team. This leadership role collaborates with Indirect channel and end-to-end ecosystem leaders to ensure Indirect product strategy is defined and key roadmap initiatives are delivered in support of business revenue growth targets.
Responsible for defining the strategy, developing and executing the product roadmap, ensuring financial discipline, and developing detailed market requirements based in network based and IT technologies. Directs the development and lifecycle management of Lumen product portfolio targeted at Indirect enterprise. Responsible for maximizing the competitiveness and financial performance of this segment. Requires advanced technical/industry knowledge and span of control. Position is both strategic and hands-on tactical; deep in content and broad in scope. An entrepreneurial product leader responsible for defining, developing and leading how we deliver services to our customers. Focused on the customer/digital experience with an ability to understand and translate market opportunities and customer needs into product requirements and product value messaging. Expert in communicating our product, platform and digital experience capabilities to both internal and external audiences via written and verbal presentations. This role provides opportunity to make an immediate impact on both our short-term deliverables and long-term strategic goals. Requires leading a team of matrix organizations responsible for the development and lifecycle management of a complex product ecosystem that includes IT systems, networks, and 3 rd party vendors and partners.
Responsible for managing a large cross-functional team in the actual development and delivery of Lumen Indirect services aligned with business objectives, priorities and the portfolio roadmap. On-scope, on-time, and on-budget delivery of the product portfolio objectives, including business requirements definition, driving cohesive end-to-end solutions, creation and management of project structures, as well as alignment of resources are critical to the success of strategic initiatives. This role requires adherence to prescribed stage-gate new product development methodology (including mix of rapid development and staged development based on program goals and deliverables), project management, change management processes, strong communication skills, and implementation of project/business based financial controls. Serving as a critical business leader in the on-going evolution of the company’s Product Solutions, this role will establish relationships with key leaders from across the business and with external partners critical to the success of programs, including but not limited to direct interaction with individual contributors, manager, director, and vice president leadership.
The Main Responsibilities
• Leads and manages a named Center of Excellence to high performance; sets goals, delegates work, holds owners of actions accountable, makes critical business decisions.
• Subject matter expert for Indirect segment, customers, and contracting including competition, market dynamics, points of differentiation, value proposition, and quote to cash processes.
• Understands and actively manages all the levers that impact financials including funnel, usage, opex, netex, capex, credits, pricing, churn, and company accounting practices
• Develops and articulates vision and market strategy across the product portfolio and winning product experience with focus on Indirect segment needs. Has a broad understanding of the technologies associated with our services including IP, VPN, SDWAN, security networking, unified collaboration and voice solutions, as well as digital marketplace and partner API benchmark practices.
• Leads the development of new products and product experiences by understanding key customer needs, concepting product initiative requirements, developing financial justification, and championing through development and offering launch.
• Prepares and delivers executive level presentations that include COE program performance and portfolio development asks grounded in financial justification and business cases; ability to shift among various business and technical audiences adeptly, as well as having a strong leadership presence.
• Meet or exceed committed business outcomes, including financial performance, customer experience and employee experience goals and objectives
• Monitors metrics for business imperatives under management and champions development, organizational, and process improvements. Ensure course correction as needed.
• Collaborates with Global Product Management to develop and maintain commercial constructs for Indirect targeted services to maximize growth, profitability, and in line with market dynamics.
• Lead team(s) to the on-scope, on-time and on-budget delivery of Product Management’s PD initiatives: new product introductions, product features/platform enhancements, related process improvement efforts, etc. across functional end-to-end corporate ecosystem groups across development phasing (Intake, Prioritization, Planning, Scheduling, Tracking, Delivery & Launch)
• Development Process: Identification of appropriate development process based on needs (Rapid Development to Staged Development)
• Knowledge and Resource Management: Identification and solicitation for commitment of required core and extended resources; proficiency in networking communication corporate group functions (architecture & engineering, sales, service delivery and assurance, billing, etc)
• Conflict Resolution/Celebration of Success: Identification and resolution of barriers to success for both milestone attainment and achievement of desired business outcomes
• Maximizes the digital presence across the customer lifecycle (Learn, Buy, Get, Use, Pay)
• Ensures effective transition of strategic programs from ideation to development to lifecycle management, delivering on identified minimum valuable experience (customer, employee) standards.
What We Look For in a Candidate
10-15+ years in industry relevant role with Knowledge of cloud, edge, UCC, layer 2/3 WAN, voice/SIP and other telecommunications and IT technology; versed in the Indirect enterprise sector and associated verticals as well as digital ecommerce and API exchange practices
• Business Financial Acumen: Intermediate understanding of company financial measures and financial modeling
• Experienced team leader: ability to provide transformative leadership for direct teams and cross-functional teams, with record of success and top-tier achievement in prior work and education experiences
• Negotiation skills and experience managing third-party vendor negotiations/relationships.
• Demonstrated success in ability to drive proactive execution of short- and long-term strategies to grow product portfolio and achieve targeted outcomes
• Proficiencies: ability to distill broad concepts and business strategies into structured product management/marketing plans, and technical aptitude to understand product dynamics and recommend product enhancements. Obsessed with customer (partner) experience excellence
• Excellent program management skills, as well as written and verbal communications capability, across leadership levels
• Strong strategic thinker, knowledgeable of emerging technology trends relevant to customer / partner demand
• Problem Solving: advanced analytical skills. Must be able to work through complex issues with a methodical approach. Must be able to understand and distill data into actionable items.
• Leadership Behaviors: Has a self-driven ability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team. Ability to work under pressure in the details across multiple initiatives with tight deadlines. Exhibits a growth mindset, an ability to take risks, question norms, drive outcomes
• Pluses: SAFe Agile Lean Portfolio Management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Master's preferred
Travel: Ability to travel as needed (Approx. 10%)
Related Experience: 15+ Years Progressive, Related Experience in Product Development, Product Management, Technology Development
Requisition #: 264725
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs