Cengage Learning Director of Product Strategy, Global Product Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Do you dare to reinvent the future of education?
At Cengage, we are harnessing the power of tech to build a future where all learners have the tools and confidence to achieve their goals.
As a Cengage employee, you will blaze a new trail to transform the way people learn. Collaborating with the best of the best, you will feel challenged and inspired to do breakthrough work. With the support of our united team, there is no limit to what you can imagine, create and set in motion.
Are we right for you?
We set the bar higher by bringing our unique talents and point of view to the table every day. We are curious and comfortable with change and are willing to take risks to transform education. Most importantly, with everything we do, we put learning first.
What You'll Do Here:
• Form a deep understanding of Cengage’s strategic goals at corporate and business unit
• Define, structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives by developing work plans,
gathering and synthesizing relevant data,leadinganalyses and developing final recommendations
• Maintain an in depth understanding of the industry and competitive landscape
• Maintain a robust and growing network of contacts in the educational technology industry and participate in education events
• Lead cross-functional teams to get work done
• Communicate findings to senior management and to the broader organization
• Drive recommendations through to implementation and results
Skills You Will Need Here:
Minimum of 4 years previous consulting and/or strategy experience at a top tier consulting firm or equivalent experience at a technology, media, or education firm
Demonstrated ability to conceive and execute quantitative analysis and deliver data-driven insights
Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
Demonstrated writing and verbal presentation skills enabling her/him to prepare and present information and recommendations to a diverse and often senior audience
Collaborative problem solving and working style to drive change through influence
Able to self-manage progress against milestones and deliverables with a high degree of accountability and personal urgency
Proven management of both direct reports and virtual teams
- BA/BS degree with top-tier academic background. MBA a plus
- Up to 20% travel
Requisition ID 2018-5458
Job Function Strategy - Planning
Cengage is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to attracting and retaining a talented and diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or protected veteran status.