Applied Materials Director, Technical Project/Program Management - Wet Process COE - (M6) in Boston, Massachusetts
As a part of the Wet Process Center of Excellence, employee will act as a enterprise resource for wet process applications, equipment and integration enabling all BUs and key accounts by providing systems-level thinking to improve product performance and operation through wet process integration and/or co-optimization. Some of the key deliverables of COE will be:
Wet Process roadmaps and analysis of market players.
Pipeline of defect reduction, cleans, and cross-contamination avoidance for product differentiation.
Fundamental understanding of customer defect/cross-contamination requirements, process integration, and priorities.
Drive corrective actions for new tool cross-contamination qualification challenges
Line down help with customer issues
Resolves complex field process issues utilizing systematic troubleshooting methodology generally involving multiple processes. Create a mechanism to communicate issues, track progress and pull resources from multiple business unit and/or functions. Uses sound statistical techniques like and problem solving methodologies DOEs (Designs of Experiment) to quickly determine root cause and action plans. Communicates learning's from this portion to rest-of-world to strengthen the product packages.
Provides oversight of customer demos, including defining demo conditions and analyzing results.
Assists account teams in managing the customer account to enhance customer satisfaction and increase AMATs product and technical reputation.
Works with business unit in technology development and transfer to customers including customized process development. Plans unit process sequence based on customer requirements. Negotiates process specifications and service offerings with customers. Takes ownership of delivering the required solution to the customers that meets specification.
Serves as the customer expert across a broad range of products. Plays a key role in defining product strategy and identifying gaps. Provides feedback to business unit heads on process and hardware improvements to meet customer roadmap requirements.
Takes the lead in positioning new technologies to customers utilizing technical information from business unit. Interfaces with customers at key development and manufacturing sites to form strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversees joint development activities or beta-site testing programs. Makes executive level presentations.
Keeps abreast of new developments in own and related technology groups. Participates in publishing in ET conferences and journals.
Forms strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversee joint development activities or beta-site testing programs.
- MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or related fields. Greater than 15 years on the job experience in 300/200mm Wafer Fab(s) covering wet process with demonstrated capability to successfully drive independent projects. Superior knowledge of wet chemistries; coupled with both a solid understanding of how this wet clean will interact with the process integration, and a clear understanding of the hardware required to implement these chemistries.
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Years of Experience:
10 - 15 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
- Applied Materials Jobs