Public Consulting Group Director, Technology Consulting in Boston, Massachusetts
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sectorsolutions implementation and operations improvement firmthat partners with health, education, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60 offices worldwide.PCG’s Technology Consulting practice offers a full spectrum of quality Information Technology (IT) services to help state and local government agencies at every stage of the IT life cycle.Through its specialized IT services, PCG’s Technology Consulting team finds cost-effective ways to help agency partners deliver successful IT systems that enhance the lives of the user base. To learn more, visithttps://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/technology-consulting/
PCG is growing fast! And we are looking for a motivated Director to help us exceed our growth targets and quickly advance their career. We are looking for leaders who are not afraid to innovate, who are focused on growing our talented staff, who take quality service delivery seriously, and who are ready to pursue new opportunities for organizational and personal growth.
Along with delivery responsibilities, the Director position is focused business development and creating new business in the State Government market. You will be responsible for developing partner relationships, identifying opportunities, fostering strong client relationships, and developing proposals that meet client needs.
The Director has responsibility to ensure their team is meeting financial and organizational targets while building the strong team necessary to navigate the fast-paced world of management consulting.
This position will be responsible for the following:
• Business Development – PCG is growing fast. We are looking for people who have strong business acumen, understand industry and market trends, and can successfully identify and capture new revenue. Proposal development and strong writing skills are critical to achieve our goals of building new markets and capturing greater financial value.
• Resource Management – Our consultants and staff are our greatest assets. Having experience in effective people management including hiring, developing, motivating, and retaining staff is a must in order to build and sustain our diverse talent.
• Collaboration – We are a team-focused organization that embraces teamwork and collaboration in all that we do. Candidates must be skilled in building rapport and gaining support of not only PCG staff, but our clients as well. Collaboration and communication are key factors in growing our teams and Business Units.
• Client Management – Success as a Director is dependent on relationships; not only with our teams but with our clients. Candidate must be well-versed in building strong relationships with clients as well as being able to effectively manage client expectations and communication.
• Project Delivery – Client satisfaction is paramount – our success depends on it. As necessary lead or participate in project delivery activities including analysis, deliverable creation, and communicating project performance and progress. Advise senior client executives and serve as a trusted advisor to project decision-makers. Manage diverse service delivery teams from project initiation to closeout.
• At least 7 years of experience in technology
• 5+ years of experience developing, bidding, and winning public sector management consulting services with progressively increasing level of leadership responsibility.
• 5+ years of experience providing a combination of the following services: planning, procurement, project management, quality assurance (QA), implementation, or project oversight services for State governments, preferably in programs related to Health/Human Services, Government Operations, Education, Corrections, Pension, and similar systems
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a cross-functional capacity with minimum Fiscal Year book value of $2M
• Experience working with systems in large-scale integrated/modular environments
• Proven ability to hire, develop and manage a team of people.
• Ability to interact with all levels of personnel from technical to executive management, and to influence stakeholders in order to get things done.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional communication skills.
• Must be a self-starter, enthusiastic, and have the political savvy to accomplish objectives while maintaining a likeable presence.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.