Bloomberg Field Service Team Leader in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Requisition Number: 68638
Our Global Field Operations teams work with urgency to provide 24/7 on-site technical solutions to Bloomberg clients in more than 75 countries. Our clients rely on our technology and the support that we deliver to be able to do their jobs in a dynamic, highly-demanding, technology-focused environment. We are all highly-skilled specialists who are able to assist with all Bloomberg hardware (PCs, biometric devices, routers), software, and networking infrastructure. We provide a one-stop shop of onsite support and not leaving until the job is done.
We operate as Technical Account Managers when we are onsite and make valuable contributions to our clients because of our expertise within Bloomberg. We partner with other Bloomberg Technical Operations teams, and pride ourselves in offering top-notch customer solution focused service by understanding and pre-empting client needs. We deliver personal, on-the-ground value while spotting gaps and implementing changes.
We're the calm voices and cool heads in dynamic and rapidly changing environment. We understand urgency, work hard, have commercial acumen, and are customer service driven. Our clients internally and externally count on us daily. Our team is tight but our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We challenge and support each other.
What's The Role?
We are seeking a Team Leader for our Boston region. You will be required to complete the duties of an Engineer (DISP, ORD, SDSK, ACD), while also providing leadership and direction to the team. You'll be accountable for the team's performance, and ensure quality customer service is delivered at all times.
You will work in the field installing/servicing equipment and software at customer sites in Boston and the surrounding areas. When not in the field, you'll work closely with the regional manager in a Bloomberg office environment.
Your additional tasks include: writing employee evaluations, handling escalated issues, leading departmental projects, performance management, and career development of all team members.
You will be responsible for installing and servicing the Bloomberg Professional terminal and systems while ensuring a quality experience for our customers.
You will provide support for all Bloomberg related hardware and software located at our client sites. Engineers often collaborate with other internal departments and alongside customer technicians. You will communicate your findings from the field with internal partners and peers.
We'll Trust You To:
- Maintain quality relationships with your team on both a group and individual level
- Ensure that your team’s performance is on track to meet departmental goals across multiple metric categories such as productivity and quality
- Troubleshoot technical issues (desktop, network connectivity, etc) both in the customer's environment as well as remotely
- Empower your team to innovate and challenge traditional thinking on how to best solve client issues
- Establish strong interdepartmental relationships to build a meaningful employee network
- Provide tailored mentorship that improves individual productivity and performance
- Possess an ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Build and drive strategies for your team, region and department
- Drive business critical projects in Customer Support
You'll Need to Have:
- Field Service and Customer Support experience
- Knowledge in Windows 7/10 along with Bloomberg provided hardware
- Network experience to include TCP/IP, LAN's, WAN's, Routers
- An understanding of Wan/Telco/Circuits
- Demonstrated people management, project management and change management skills
- Extraordinary level of customer service and a deep understanding about our business and support offerings
- Strong networking and communication skills (written and verbal/ internal and external)
- Experience working in a team-focused, collaborative environment
- Ability to quickly prioritize and take appropriate actions in handling raised cases.
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
What’s It Like To Work Here?
We work hard. We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position. Things move fast, and we want people who will enjoy working in this environment and feed off the energy. That being said, it isn’t all about work. Giving back is one of our core values, and there are many ways to get involved in philanthropic initiatives from helping local school kids with their reading to helping clean up local parks and waterways.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.