Schneider Electric Global Data Retention Program Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
*Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. *
What do you get to do in this position?
Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
Creating and managing long-term goals.
Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
Developing an evaluation method to assess company maturity and identify areas for improvement.
Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
Ensuring goals are met in areas including customer satisfaction, safety, quality and team member performance.
Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
Analyzing program risks.
Working on strategy with the marketing team.
Develop and implement information management processes and procedures. Plan and execute retention programs. Provide training and support.
Plan, research, document, and implement data retention processes and procedure workflows.
Assess records and information management processes. Develop improved procedures to decrease risk and increase program effectiveness.
Manage responses to data/data requests including litigation holds and e-discovery processes. Coordinate complex data collections and transfer of materials.
Oversee data retention management metrics, dashboards, audits, surveys, and reports to identify potential issues. Identify corrective actions plans as needed.
Ensure the establishment of guidelines regarding timeframes during which records must remain accessible for future use or reference.
Identify time-expired records or that reach the end of their retention period.
Ensure specific versions of software and operating systems are available to meet the access requirements of electronic records.
Provide management and direction to data coordinators. Provide subject matter expertise regarding risk consideration, best practices, and compliance.
Directly work with Lead physical data storage operations. Manage facility usage, inventory, and tracking programs. Plan transfer, storage, retention, and destruction of data.
Perform the day-to-day activities for information governance and data management lifecycle functions to ensure alignment and compliance with data disciplines and standards.
Support activities related to data retention and disposition including managing the use of physical storage and imaging.
Identify and integrate information governance and data retention management practices into existing business and IT processes, inclusive of process development, improvement, and adoption.
Work with data domain owners and appropriate parties to make sure that all data have accurate data retention and disposal consideration in place.
Ensuring data domain owners classify their data / information appropriately.
Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
Track record of **
- Successfully manages / handles multiple programs/projects simultaneously.
- Plans and executes cross-functional programs/projects with scopes that have significant impact to the business.
- Maintains appropriate program/project documentation (master schedule, risk mitigation plans, etc.) that provide insight into and resolution of all issues and risks.
- Proven risk mitigation expertise - ability to balance / manage multiple high priority initiatives.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to manage program level activities by developing and executing against a strategic program road-map.
- Must be able to lead the resolution of high-impact Issues and Risk.
- Ability to complete multiple, simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and prioritize incoming work appropriately.
- Ability to conceptualize Projects or Programs from start to finish to effectively manage and keep initiative on schedule while adopting to sudden changes and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within the company through various formats, such as presentations, written proposals, reports, correspondence, leading meetings, face-to-face dialogue, etc.
- Knowledge of data privacy and capability to read and learn.
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build relationships both within a team and across external departments and to influence decisions among diverse internal stakeholders across the globe.
- Familiarity with International Data Standards and methodologies, such as ISO 15489, ISO 23081-1, ISO 17799, DIRKS, VERS.
- Ability to apply the ISO standards to support benchmarking for existing programs.
- Familiarity with classification schemes, metadata models, and taxonomies.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate.We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Primary Location: US-Massachusetts-Boston
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 005BBV