Federal Reserve Bank Intern - Data Analytics (Main Street Lending Program) in Boston, Massachusetts
Intern - Main Street Lending Program
As part of the central bank of the United States, the Boston Fed works to promote sound growth and financial stability in New England and the nation. We contribute to communities, the region, and the nation by conducting economic research, participating in monetary policymaking, supervising certain financial institutions, providing financial services and payments, playing a leadership role in the payments industry, and supporting economic well-being in communities through a variety of efforts.
The Main Street Lending Program (MSLP) was designed to provide support to small and medium-sized businesses and their employees across the United States during the period of financial strain by supporting the provision of credit to such businesses. The availability of additional credit was intended to help companies that were in sound financial condition prior to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic maintain their operations and payroll until conditions normalize. Small and medium-sized businesses are integral to the U.S. economy and create jobs for a large share of the U.S. workforce.
The data analyst project intern will work with the Data Analytics Lead for MSLP and the Director of Data Analytics for the Boston Fed. The project intern will be responsible for analyzing and transforming data into meaningful and valuable input for management decision making. This will require leveraging various data sources to provide analytics that will contribute to understanding outcomes of the MSLP. Additional adhoc analytics support on bankwide projects may be required. At the end of the internship, there will be an opportunity to present the work conducted over the summer to both MSLP and other Boston Fed management.
1. Learn to manage, manipulate, interpret, and analyze both internal and external datasets.
2. Design controls to ensure data integrity, consistency, and quality.
3. Maintain documentation of analytics conducted and assumptions made in analyses.
4. With oversight, present in both verbal and written form to provide stakeholders with data analytics that gives meaning, insight, and purpose to information.
Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is not required to directly supervise others.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Pursuing major in relevant quantitative field, such as Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics
- Experience using R and/or Python, or similar programming and analytics applications.
- Experience in data visualization using Tableau, PowerBI, R Shiny or other dashboarding tools.
- Knowledge of machine learning techniques is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of version control software, such as Git, is a plus, but not required
- Proficient in MS Office products: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
/The Federal Reserve Bank of Boston is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or military service.
All employees assigned to this position will be subject to FBI fingerprint/ criminal background and Patriot Act/ Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) watch list checks at least once every five years.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, level of work and the requirements of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this position or the personnel so classified. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of this position, management reserves the right to revise this or any job description at its discretion at any time./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
Title: Intern - Data Analytics (Main Street Lending Program)
Requisition ID: 266945