Cabot Corporation Internal Auditor, IT in Boston, Massachusetts
Cabot Corporation is seeking an experienced Information Systems auditor to add to the Corporate Internal Audit Function. This auditor will lead audits of the design and operating effectiveness of general and application controls for all components of the company’s IT system relevant to financial reporting, as well as audits related to systems implementations. This position also participates in auditing financial and operational controls for Cabot locations globally. Certification in Information Systems Auditing (CISA) along with the ability to manage projects and identify improvement opportunities is necessary.
• Leads the development and maintenance of Cabot’s IT audit program. Works with IA management to determine scoping and testing strategy for IT related audits. Leads and/or participates in audits of IT projects and other IT related audits such as Cybersecurity audits.
• Leads audits for IT general and application controls. Manages the work of consultants assigned to the engagements, including reviewing workpapers for testing.
• Acts as the liaison with the company’s external IT auditors. Coordinates work efforts to drive effective and efficient auditing processes between Internal and External Auditors. Ensure a quality and timely IT audit product which meet the requirements of the external audit firm reliance strategy.
• Serves as an auditor team member on SOx audits for business controls, conducts thorough review of documentation and transactional records to determine compliance with standards and established procedures. Determines proper accounting of assets, contract agreements and others to identify exceptions.
• Recognizes and evaluates materiality and significance of deviations from standards, procedures and good business practices. Recognizes existence of problems or potential problems and determines further research to be undertaken.
• Prepares audit reports or portions of reports detailing findings and proposing solutions to correct problems. May be required to document business processes and related internal controls in narrative and/or flowchart formats.
• Interfaces with internal clients and participates in meetings regarding audit and recommendations. Follows up on implementation of audit solutions.
• Knowledge of the audit function including auditing principles and practices. Ability to apply internal auditing standards, procedures and techniques. Expertise in testing IT general and application controls is a required skill.
• Knowledge of IT control standards and frameworks such as the NIST and COSO frameworks. Solid knowledge of IT systems, processes and integrations and the ability to identify risk exposure relative to IT systems/operations and make recommendations for effective mitigation plans.
• Knowledge of financial reporting; accounting/finance principles. Knowledge of the COSO framework for internal controls and an understanding of integrated reporting systems. Fundamental knowledge of economics, commercial law, taxation, qualitative methods, and information technology. Knowledge of common indicators of fraud, fraud scenarios and fraud testing.
• Project management skills. Ability to plan multiple audits and ensure effective utilization of general audit software. Skilled in continuous controls auditing and associated data mining software.
• Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing as well as interact and work with others in a collaborative fashion. Ability to convey such matters as engagement objectives, evaluations, conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to organize and analyze large amounts of data and materials and draw well-reasoned conclusions.
• Requires domestic and/or international travel.
• Bachelor’s degree in business (Accounting major preferred); additional studies in Information Systems desirable.
• Information System Auditor (CISA) certification required. Certification as a Public Accountant/International equivalent is a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years’ auditing experience required. Experience in a manufacturing organization is desired.
Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets — delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications — creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We understand and value the power of diversity and collaboration. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance and we continuously invest in sustainability, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world. Read more about Cabot responsibility here.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more about about our Headquarter in Boston here.
Cabot Corporation is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: 2020-9207
of Openings: 1
External Company URL: www.cabot-corp.com