The Mentor Network IT Business Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
IT Business Analyst Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St Function: Information Technology
IT Business Analyst
GROWING Human SERVICES ORGANIZATION!
The MENTOR Network is currently seeking a Business Analyst to strengthen a growing application development team supporting a complex IT agenda for a large Human Services organization. The Business Analyst will be a full-time employee responsible for working with business users at various levels across the organization to support a variety of strategic IT initiatives. The core responsibilities of this role include:
- eliciting, researching and analyzing business requirements for all of business and corporate units
- providing recommendations and options to the business on application design and business process improvement based on analysis
- preparing and executing test plans and supporting users conducting testing activities
- providing support to IT staff and users during the development and post deployment phase of projects
The candidate will be involved in a wide variety of projects in support of the business such as; Business Process Improvement initiatives, enterprise-wide strategic initiatives such as the development of an Electronic Health Record, and Finance and HR- related projects. These are enterprise-wide systems used in thousands of locations across the US.
The candidate will work with other BAs, seek guidance and coaching from senior staff, or will be required to work independently on smaller initiatives.
- Acts as a liaison between the project sponsors within the business unit and IT Business Systems group to facilitate the identification of process improvements, system requirements and design for large and/or complex technical projects, often requiring coordination of multiple functional areas.
- Conducts needs and impact analysis on business requests searching for ways to link programs, processes, and systems throughout the organization to achieve optimal efficiency and reusability.
- Understands the project vision and can respond to specific requirements details
- Analyzes and provides recommendations on major projects and system enhancements to the decision makers.
- Facilitates requirements interviews and workshops with project stakeholders remotely or in person
- Analyzes and defines user requirements and translate them into system requirements to ensure understanding of the request by all project members.
- Documents data requirements and conducts data analysis for integration and conversion efforts.
- Creates business models to support requirements language.
- Collaborates with other IT disciplines to ensure continuity between requirements, design, and testing on or between project teams.
- Participates as a part of one or more project teams using modified Agile for software delivery
- Collaborates with other BAs to develop and refine professional best practices.
The Mentor Network
- The Mentor Network Jobs