State Street Java Developer in Boston, Massachusetts
Serves as senior level developer to multiple Securities Finance Front Office Project and Data delivery initiatives. Analyzes designs develops software applications to support Enhanced Custody business unit. Controls and/or provides solutions to single and/or multiple organizations with minimal management guidance.
- Provides technical expertise in analyzing designing estimating and developing software applications to project schedule.
- Creates technical project plans and deliverables and monitors task deadlines.
- Provides technical subject matter expertise in reviewing analyzing and resolving complex issues.
- Responsible for resolution communication and escalation of critical technical issues.
- Prepares user and systems documentation as needed.
- Ability to work in a team of agile developers.
- Worked in a complex deadline driven projects with minimal supervision. Ability to design/develop with minimum requirements by effectively coordinating activities between business analysts scrum leads developers and managers.
- Experienced highly skilled in the following technologies as a design lead and developer level.
- Strong Core Java experience Tomcat or another J2EE application server Oracle/Exadata Clearcase GitHub is required.
- MQ PL/SQL Perl Scripting languages and other open source technologies etc. is preferred.
- Experience with stream processing platform Apache Kafka Rule engine Drools and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) are desirable
- End to end understanding of software architecture design development and implementation.
- Experience using Scrum Agile modeling and adaptive software development is preferred.
- Continuous integration and build process test automation and deployment experience.
- Shares own expertise with others; will co-ordinate activities of others/the team
- Completes own role independently or with minimal supervision/guidance
- Strong written & verbal communication skills. Experience writing reviewing technology documents including user guides.
- Bachelors in Electronics or Computer Sciences or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 4 years of progressive IT experience
- Has developed specialist knowledge/expertise in one or more than one area
- Applies knowledge/skills to a range of standard and moderately complex activities
Financial services/mutual fund/Securities industry a plus
Posted 8 Days Ago
- Full time