Defense Contract Management Agency Management and Program Analyst in Boston, Massachusetts
Boston often feels like a small town with all the perks of city life. The metro area features a diverse culinary scene, access to the cultural institutions, and proximity to world-class schools, employers and health care. It is historic but ever-evolving.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides input for, and participates in, Mission Management Reviews (MMRs), and Special Management Reviews (SMR) to track accomplishment of organizational goals and tasks.
- Contract related metrics address all electronic payment efforts such as progress payments, public vouchers, and acceptance documents.
- Coordinates the preparation of recurring data and special reports for submission to the Commander/Director, Agency Headquarters and Team Leaders.
- Furnishes contract management technical assistance, guidance, advice and policy/ procedure interpretation to management and multi-functional teams.
- Reviews new or revised requirements from higher authorities to determine impact on organizational operations.
- Provides technical interpretation of new and revised regulations, policies and guidelines on contract administration.
- Develops implementing procedures for the organization including detailed guidance and instruction for all management elements.
- Consults and coordinates with other process owners and team members regarding the impact of contract management changes on their respective areas in order to develop sound conclusions and approaches.
Occasional travel - Business Travel required 5% of the time.
- #### Job family (Series)
0343 Management And Program Analysis
- Analysts, Management
- Analysts, Program
- Management Analysts
- Program Analysts
Program Management Analyst
Conditions of Employment
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
Who May Apply: * Current Federal Employee * Reinstatement Eligible * Veterans and Preference Eligible under Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998 * Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
QUALIFICATIONS: In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job.
To qualify, applicants must possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade/level GS-11. Specialized experience is defined as: Experience applying analytical and evaluative techniques while performing studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of wide variety of contract types in order to improve performance and resolve contract administration problems; experience collecting data from studies, translating data and information into meaningful charts and graphs.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Administration and Management
- Planning and Evaluating
- Program Management
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11).
Applicants must meet basic eligibility requirements such as minimum qualifications, and other regulatory requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. The DoD policy is available at: www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- In accordance with section 9902(h) of title 5, United States Code, annuitants reemployed in the Department of Defense shall receive full annuity and salary upon appointment. They shall not be eligible for retirement contributions, participation in the Thrift Savings Plan, or a supplemental or redetermined annuity for the reemployment period. Discontinued service retirement annuitants (i.e. retired under section 8336(d)(1) or 8416(b)(1)(A) of title 5, United States Code) appointed to the Department of Defense may elect to be subject to retirement provisions of the new appointment as appropriate. (See DoD instructions 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- May require overtime work.
- Management may select at any grade level announced.
- Relocation/Retention Incentive will not be authorized.
- Defense National Relocation Program will not be authorized.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- All selections under an announcement must be made within 6 months from the issuance date of the certificate referral list.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Direct Deposit of pay is required.
- Tour of Duty: Full Time
- FLSA: Exempt
- Bargaining Unit: Yes
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) provides eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. If your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority if: 1) this vacancy is within your ICTAP eligibility, 2) you apply under the instructions in this announcement, and 3) you are found well-qualified for this vacancy. Well-qualified is defined as meeting all of the minimum qualification standards and eligibility requirements as well as possessing skills that clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. Under competitive delegated examining, an ICTAP eligible will be considered well-qualified if they attain an eligibility rating of 90 or higher, not including points for veterans' preference. You must provide proof of eligibility with your application to receive selection priority. Such proof may include a copy of your written notification of ICTAP eligibility or a copy of your separation personnel action form. Information about ICTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/workforce-restructuring/employee-guide-to-career-transition/.
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement, etc).
As described above, your complete application includes your resume, your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which prove your eligibility to apply. If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and qualification determinations and you may not be considered for this vacancy.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
- You MUST submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package. These documents may include, but are not limited to: For current employment verification, SF-50, DD3434 or other federal agencies official "Notification of Personnel Action" equivalent (Note: SF-52 or agencies "Request for Personnel Action" is not acceptable); For MSP claims PCS orders and marriage certificate; For verification of Veteran status, DD214 (which indicates character of service), SF-15, VA Letter and/or Activation/Deactivation orders. 2. Other supporting documents:
- Cover Letter, optional
- Time-in-grade documentation:If you are applying for a higher grade and your SF-50 has an effective date within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate you meet the one year time-in-grade requirement so you will need to provide an SF-50 which clearly demonstrates you meet the time-in-grade requirements (examples of appropriate SF-50s include Promotions, Within-grade Grade/Range Increases, and SF-50s with an effective date more than one year old). Future Military Retirees: You are required to submit a copy of your retirement DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document* OR a copy of your retirement letter AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
Future Separation from the Military: You are required to submit a copy of your most recent DD Form 214 (Member 4 Copy) OR certification document* OR a copy of your most recent active duty orders AND a copy of your terminal leave request (if applicable). You will be required to provide your DD Form 214(Member 4 Copy) upon issuance.
*Active duty military members who are selected may not be appointed unless on terminal leave or already separated from the armed forces.
**The "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted. The Statement of Service must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters, AND the Statement of Service letter must include your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge, Character of Service (i.e. honorable), and, if applicable, when your terminal leave will begin.
Special Employment Consideration:DCMA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. For information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator, please visit http://dcmacareers.com/index.cfm/disabilities/.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 01/22/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10383477.
- Follow the prompts to select your résumé and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. You must re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application process and submit your online application may be found on the USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit:https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
The Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Your requests for reasonable accommodation will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
Agency contact information
DCMA Army Applicant Help Desk
H8-APF-P60000 DEFENSE CONTRACT MGT - EASTERN REGION DO NOT MAIL Boston, MA 02210 US
Learn more about this agency
If you have questions regarding this job posting please visit https://portal.chra.army.mil/hrpublic?id=formpublic&sys;id=-1&table;=uapplicationinquirystaging and complete the online submission form. To expedite the process please include the Job announcement number, which can be found at the top, right hand side of the job announcement. Generally, applicant inquiries will be responded to within 10 business days from receipt at the Human Resource Office.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
If you fail to provide these documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application package and will not be considered any further.
PLEASE NOTE:Documents submitted as part of the application package, to include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human Resources Office. Some supplemental documents like military orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information for other than the applicant. These documents may be sanitized to remove such personal information before submission with the application. Applicants may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of the documents upon selection to confirm eligibility.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520899500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/07/2019 to 01/22/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $81,077 to $105,400 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time