Marriott Market Information Technology Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Job Number 21107703
Job Category Information Technology
Location Shared Service IT East, 9737 Washingtonian Blvd Ste 320, Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Contributes general knowledge and skill in technology to provide first-and some second-level support including break-fix (repairs, installations, maintenance of systems) for designated area. Generally works within well-established guidelines to complete routine tasks. Responsible for performing repairs, installations, and maintenance for property-based systems with a particular area. Has knowledge of sophisticated technology equipment/processes and Marriott proprietary systems.
Education and Experience
• College degree or equivalent work experience. Possess 2-4 years’ experience in like Information Technology position.
• Previous experience in Marriott IT.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Technology Needs within Budget Targets
• Assists and/or provides input to IT Leadership for CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Confirms that area is in compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policies (MIPs) and Information Security Manuals (ISMs). Implements solutions as directed to resolve discrepancies.
• Places equipment orders as directed relating to personal computers, telecommunications, local servers/networks; processes invoices.
• Conducts periodic inventories of applications and hardware; prepares reports for property management as requested.
• Confirms that technology assets are secured.
• Complies with technology-related vendor contracts.
Building and Sustaining Relationships with Customers
• Writes and presents proposals, analyses, project plans, cost models, etc. in written and/or oral formats.
• Provides customer service.
• Responds to inquiries from customers/vendors/peer group.
• Provides detailed status reports as requested.
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Assists in disaster recovery and business continuity as it relates to technology.
• Provides technical guidance.
• Escalates support for all Marriott approved technology solutions (i.e. mobility devices, GPNS) & Request Center Processes.
• Provides escalation and guidance to property pertaining to guest & associate internet access requirements.
• Escalates problems as appropriate through direct supervisor, CLS IT Field and/or Marriott IT resources.
• Images desktops, installs new software applications, applies patches, maps drives to appropriate server/network.
• Moves/adds/changes PCs/peripherals; migrating data when necessary.
• Performs routine desktop backup as scheduled or directed.
• Provides end-user support.
• Confirms technology security (i.e. encryption, patch deployment) and technology compliance (i.e. Quarterly ID Audits, MAARK1) measures are in place.
• Supports unit infrastructure (servers, switches, router, APs etc.) and engages appropriate MI IT&/or Vendor resources.
• Assists in creating and maintaining secure server environment. Performs server backups and routine preventative maintenance.
• Provides project support for corporate, regional and property initiatives.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Marriott Jobs