Goldman Sachs & Co. Prime Services Technology - Agency Lending Technology - Analyst or Associate in Boston, Massachusetts
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
What We DoAt Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don’t just make things – we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.Who We Look ForGoldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Prime Services is a technology intensive business that aims to provide our clients with allthe tools and services to run their business. In Prime Services Technology we regularlyconsider new technology products available in the market or in the firm to meet our clients’needs and high trading volumes. As a result, we are constantly expanding our platform to offer clients more products, creating opportunities for people in the group to gain experience in a variety of different technologies.
Third-party Agency Securities Lending business is conducted through Goldman Sachs Agency Lending (GSAL). Clients in this agency program grant us the authority to lend their securities on a fully collateralized basis to a client-approved list of broker dealers. In return, clients receive income based on the intrinsic value of the securities on loan. Our clients include corporate and public pension plans, endowments, foundations, mutual funds, insurance companies and investment management firms.GSAL delivers lending returns that exceed the market averages by identifying and lending securities of high intrinsic value and maximizing the return on each loan. Our lending clients receive the benefit of highly automated custodial and borrower processing, a lending program designed to support various forms of collateral, as well as customized Web-based reporting and analytics. GSAL lends to a select group of credit worthy borrowers that represent the majority of end user demand, thus maximizing economic returns while minimizing risk.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Develop technical solutions to business problems. Needs to be able to help business implement technology solutions by way of serving as an analyst and building/managing requirements.
• Creates user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining components and interfaces across many different technology stacks.
• Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with other upstream and downstream systems.
• Completes application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Requires an ability to communicate with people inside and outside of the organization on a day to day basis in order to complete work at hand.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s Degree of Science (Engineering or Computer Related Field)
• At least 1 year of Core Java experience including experience writing unit & integrations tests
• At least 1 year of experience in working with Sybase ASE (or other) relational database platform. This includes Database Design/Stored Procedure/SQL development & Performance Optimization.
• At least 1 year of experience with some scripting language (Perl, Python, Shell, ksh, etc.).
• At least 1 year of experience in all phases of software development life cycle.
• Familiarity with multiple Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris).
• OOP and Relational Modeling skills.
• Strong interpersonal, collaboration, analytical, and communication skills.
• Masters Degree
• 2-3 years experience of Core Java.
• 2-3 years experience working with a relational database.
• 2-3 years experience of scripting experience.
• Experience in Financial Development Environment.
• Experience interfacing with Sungard Global One Financial System.
• Experience with web service technologies a plus.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitPrime Services Technology