OPNET Professional Services Performance Consultant - Modeling in Boston, Massachusetts
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
*Title: *Professional Services Performance Consultant - Modeling Engineer
Location: Boston, MA Clearance Level:Secret
Travel Requirement:Minimal *Technology Specialization: *Programming/Network Protocol Modeling
Seniority:5+ years in all required technical areas
- Analyze and understand customer’s IT organization, requirements and processes, and use this knowledge to assist in achieving full adoption and utilization of Riverbed’s solutions to maximize ROI and business value
- Present and articulate advanced product features, benefits, and overall product solutions
Produce solutions to fulfill customer needs within budget and schedule constraints Qualifications:
BS/MS degree in a technical field, or equivalent military or career experience
- Experience in professional services, technical consulting, or network engineering/operations preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences, drive IT projects forward in large organizations, and translate technical features into tangible customer business benefits
- Self-motivated and capable of high performance under minimal supervision
- Excellent business writing and presentation skills
- Professionalism appropriate for working with Fortune 500 clients
- Passion for teamwork and contributing to a world-class Professional Services team which values excellence, execution, and integrity
Desired Technical Skills:
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and network design, IP routing protocols, QoS principles, components and operations
- Familiarity with Linux
- Java and C/C++ coding skills
- Knowledge of Python and/or other scripting languages (ruby, perl, RESTful APIs)
- Familiarity with concepts related to wireless MAC algorithms, protocols and physical propagation
- Experience with network protocol modeling and simulation tools
- Riverbed Modeler experience, including wireless packages, desired but not required
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
*Learn more at www.riverbed.com. *
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Req No.: 2018-4468
Category: Professional Services