State Street Release Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
The FRIBS Test Management Office supports the project implementation and user acceptance testing of Finance and Risk systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to ensure high-quality solutions meet the needs of our Finance and Risk partners in a complex operating environment.
The primary goal of a Release Manager is to manage the movement of releases through the build, test, and production environments. The Release Manager ensures there’s a proper structure in place to allow the organization to scale efficiently. The Release Manager needs to interface and communicate with test managers, development managers, IT operations, and the TMO on a daily basis.
- Develop common strategies for release governance across multiple programs.
- Establish consistent release management processes.
- Facilitate cross-workstream coordination of release management functions.
- Track an FRIBS-wide release calendar.
- Inform senior management of enterprise-wide exposure to release risk and effectively mitigate it.
- Measure release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics across the entire FRIBS portfolio.
- Create common standards and formats for release playbooks and work with production control to standardize release decision-making.
- Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
- Forecast demand for release resources and identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the enterprise.
- Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
- Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release management function.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of expertise and leadership in Release Management.
- 2+ years of working in the Financial Service’s industry.
2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
Posted 2 Days Ago
- Full time