Actalent Remote FPGA Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
The primary function of this role will be as a FPGA designer on complex, digital and mixed signal systems including architecture, FPGA design, hardware design, hardware bring-up of PCB designs incorporating FPGA devices, exploration of technology, system performance and specification to design and test. The person will also be responsible for defining system requirements and integration.
xilinx, vhdl, verilog, Altera
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• 5-8 years of current Intel and Xilinx FPGA logic design with VHDL or System Verilog, synthesis and layout.
• 5-8 years of current Experience with Intel Quartus, Xilinx Vivado, Questasim and timing closure using SDC timing constraints.
• Proven ability to architect systems and hardware and map to requirements to FPGAs (At least 3 -4 examples of projects)
• Proven track record to take complex FPGA designs, from design, hardware bring-up, and release into production.
• Proven track record as a team lead to direct the work of other engineers on complex FPGA designs.
• Knowledge of high-performance board design and layout (transmission line effects, skew, and controlled impedance knowledge.)
• 3 to 5 years of experience with DDR4+ or High Bandwidth Memory (HBM) memory architectures
• 5+ years of experience with SoCs (System on Chip) and microprocessor peripherals such as Ethernet, USB, PCIe, UARTS, I2C, SPI, Display, RS485, JESD204b and similar protocols
• 3 to 5 years of experience working in a lab environment using digital embedded system debug tools (ICE, logic analyzers, JTAG, Oscilloscopes)
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• 5-8 years of current Xilinx FPGA logic design using Vivado, ISE, Zynq 7000 series, ARM embedded processors, SDK tools.
• 5-8 years of current Intel FPGA logic design using Intel Quartus, NIOS processor, Arria 10 devices.
• DSP, FIR filter design, I/Q signal processing.
• 2-3 years of current Microsemi FPGA logic design using Libero design tools, SmartFusion SoC devices.
• Working knowledge of bootloaders and getting new hardware platforms to run (Candidate will have used or implemented)
• Knowledge of image sensor data processing a plus (exposure or knowledge of how data is processed transmitted, and stored in real time)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS in Electrical Engineering from a four-year college or university, MS degree is a plus
• 10+ years of relevant hardware development experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs