State Street Risk Data Specialist in Boston, Massachusetts
The Corporate Audit Group is building a data analyst audit team in our office in Boston. There are multiple positions at junior and senior levels. Corporate Audit Group provides analytical support to audit engagements corporate wide. Data auditors assess the effectiveness of internal controls governing key regulatory and business reports, including system inputs, transformations/processing and model outputs, and evaluate if reports are well-governed and perform as documented, in accordance with regulatory instructions. Responsibilities include and not limited to model code / excel formula review or test runs. This Data Analyst/ auditor will perform independent data reviews and effective challenges on key assumptions and limitations. He/she would support the regular business audit review to expand coverage to the full spectrum of corporate data risk systems along with key reports to improve the accuracy of the information for better decision making and optimize the management of data across functions through effective data governance.
- Participate into audits according to a risk-based approach, recommend data specific internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements, document the review result and prepare audit reports.
- Engage the organization in data initiatives from the top line for successful and sustainable implementation
- Achieve tangible results through valuable data analytics
- Perform independent reviews, including and not limited to input data testing and code review (for data transformations and regulatory instructions).
- Work with other auditors to assess data quality and their impact on the modeling process
- Facilitate effective communication and coordination with business management
- Communicate the identified control deficiencies to business management, receive management actions and track the remediation of the deficiencies
- Ensure quality checks and controls including standardization of audit review testing and dissemination of feedback across team members
- Maintain a solid understanding of the financial risk management practices and techniques, and develop knowledge of the company’s operation to ensure that model risks are appropriately identified, assessed and mitigated
It’s important that the candidate includes the primary qualifications noted below:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics, Quantitative Finance or other quantitative areas such as mathematics, physics, electronic engineer and computer science
- Database management capabilities with strong quantitative analysis background a plus. Must be able to mine large data sets via SAS/SQL. Candidate must possess strong skill set with tools such as Tableau, MATLAB, or similar database type.
- Experience with assessment and testing of controls over FRB, FDIC, and FFEIC reporting (including Liquidity Risk, CCAR, Basel, Call Reports, etc.)
- BCBS 239- Data Quality Assessments: Data dictionaries, Data lineage, including Functional (Data Accuracy/Completeness) and Technical (Interface, etc.) control frameworks
- 1-2 years’ experience in data analytics or consulting experience within the financial service industry
In addition, the following skill set is a plus:
- Responsible for design, development, delivery of data from operation systems and files into staging area, Data Warehouse and Data Marts.
- Identify the relationships among multiple sources and types of information to identify duplicate, understand data flow and interrogate data.
- Experienced in working large and complex data sets
- Good project management skills and demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple tasks and/or projects
- Effective communication skills to explain technical concepts to business users, and to explain business concepts to technical resources
- Balance Sheet Management experience (ALM/Liquidity) strongly preferred
Professional certifications (CFA, CPA, and/or FRM) preferred;
- Posted 15 Days Ago
- Full time