Lumen Security Solutions Architect - Northeast in Boston, Massachusetts
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen is passionate about our customers, and we are looking for people who can help inspire them to turn their ideas into amazing realities. We are looking for a diverse group of technically minded people that have a desire to further their careers with a company that is poised to change the world. If you like working in a dynamic, team-based environment; are passionate about innovation, delivering delightful customer experiences, and challenging yourself and others to explore what’s possible when you combine people and technology, then you might have the ingredients we need to do amazing things. We are looking for a Technology Architect – Security Solutions who is passionate about leveraging technology innovation for the betterment of humanity. This exciting customer-facing Technology Architect role will work in partnership with our Sales, Solution Engineering & Customer Success Executives, conducting innovative conversations that help shape the growth of our enterprise customers as they embrace the 4th Industrial Evolution. Technology Architects design and architect security solutions utilizing our technology services platform. The successful Technology Architect must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and sales skills, including business acumen, to understand business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, and effectively present solutions that address our customers’ requirements and provide business value.
The Main Responsibilities
• As the subject matter expert, you will utilize your deep knowledge and experience to meet our customer’s' business goals by mapping to Lumen products
• Pre-sales role responsible for needs identification, qualification, and solutions design with certain products/applications.
• Independently assess and design technical solutions involving Security Solutions
• Clarify ambiguous requirements with sales and clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues, and provide guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements including customer requirements based on limited information
• Provide on-demand design, solution best practices and industry expertise to the sales teams during the Learn/Buy/Get phases of the customer lifecycle experience
• Proactively pull in other specialists, expand the solution to be cross functional and multi-product, follow industry technology trends through self-study and formal training and shares this knowledge with the teams they support along with their peer groups
• Partner with Product Management in areas of process and design improvement within specific product area and contacts impacted departments to recommend potential solutions
• Proactively provide input on strategic and tactical plans for new product development to teams across the organization
• Partner with account team to shepherd custom requirements through sign-off process
• Direct and attend customer meetings in person and via collaboration tools, prepare and deliver technical proposals and presentations with the appropriate level of business acumen for the audience
• Provide broad scope responses to solution and technology questions, demonstrate advanced solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications while interacting with all levels of customer's management team
• Self-enable the Sales Teams by freely sharing knowledge of process, key contacts, technology and product in their area of specialization over the phone, in writing and through live trainings
• Some travel required
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 5+ years of relevant job experience
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications across multiple product areas with extensive knowledge of industry offerings and trends
• Ability to independently orchestrate & conduct discussions with clients across many levels including C-level, VPs and Directors within IT
• Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate business within an assigned territory utilizing solution selling methodologies
• Exceptional understanding of technical and product boundaries within Security Solutions and understanding of multi-product solutions and how these products interact with each other as to what is standard, what is available via special approval process, and what is not able to be provided
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work with multiple levels of influencers. Clearly articulate technical solutions in writing, on the phone, using video, or in person
• Expert problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues across multiple products to integrate into a seamless customer solution
• Must demonstrate the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements while demonstrating creative solution development
• Ability to build strong team relationships and easily transfer technical information and comfortable working independently, as part of a team or pull together and direct a team to build complex customer.
• Ability to work independently, work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously, detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
• Must possess expert level communication skills capable of creating engaging proposals and presenting to customers at any level of expertise
• Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required
• Industry certification: In one or more specialized technologies
• Experience in solution consulting – ITIL
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, related fields or equivalent industry experience in the private sector or military
Requisition #: 241104
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs