State of Massachusetts Senior Application Developer in Boston, Massachusetts
_About The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development_
The Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development (EOHED) is committed to supporting the Commonwealth’s job creation and economic development. We foster an environment conducive to business creation and expansion. Additionally, helping to drive housing construction that addresses the needs of residents through targeted investments.
At EOHED, we deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions that support business operations and assist constituents. We provide responsive digital services and productivity tools that enable taxpayers, businesses, visitors, families, and other citizens to do business with the Commonwealth in a way that makes every interaction with government easier, faster, and more secure.
_About the Role_
The HED Application Development Team is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Application Developer. Application Developers operate in an AppSecDev Ops environment. AppSecDev Ops ensures that technology implementations adhere to OWASP10 security standards, and utilizes technology research to innovate, integrate, and develop technology solutions.
As a technology business partner, you will significantly contribute to the development team in identifying best-fit architectural solutions for one or more projects; you will collaborate with business users and technology professionals to create and implement innovative high-quality solutions, as well as maintain legacy applications until a replacement can be found or redeveloped using a contemporary technology stack._Additional responsibilities include:_
• Provide new technology solutions to replace legacy applications; write code for same
• Meet with business stakeholders to understand requirements
• Provide high-level QA on application solutions developed
• Provide knowledge transfer of solutions developed
• Provide documentation for solutions developed
• Utilize analytical, process, and/or technical skills to meet project objectives and deliverables that are self-directed and within project scope
• Operate as part of a work stream with development peers
_Required Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_
• 4 years of software development experience
• Fluent in ASP.NET Core, C#, entity Framework Core, LINQ and SQL/T-SQL
• Experience with modern frameworks: CSS, HTML/HTML5, PowerShell or XML
• Demonstrated ability to design and deliver scalable/ responsive frontend UI’s
• Experience with Licensing applications, such as Accela
• Experience in SQL Server/ Oracle (relational databases) and Visual Studio; ability to write SQL queries and test scripts
• Working knowledge of Agile/ Scrum methodology and overall SDLC
• Familiarity with API’s, network protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP), object-oriented programming, Salesforce, Java or Burpe Suite web application
_Required General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:_
• Strong work ethic with proven time management skills and exceptional prioritization abilities
• Excellent communication skills; both technical and non-technical communication
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Eager to learn new technologies and methodologies
_The work will take place on site primarily at our offices at 1000 Washington Street, Boston, MA, however, travel to other Boston locations will be required from time to time
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
Please see Preferred Qualifications.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job: *Information Systems and Technology
Organization: *Exec Office of Housing and Economic Development
Title: Senior Application Developer
Location: Massachusetts-Boston - 1000 Washington St
Requisition ID: 190000FE