Randstad Senior Designer in Boston, Massachusetts
salary:$40 - $45 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, October 3, 2018
industry:Finance and Insurance
looking for a Senior Designer with a focus on solid data visualization experience to join our Design team. The position is responsible for turning complex investment ideas and data into simple, creative, easy to understand content that showcases us as a thought leaders, presenting ideas to our high-net worth clients. This role needs an individual who is a clear communicator who enjoys working as part of a team, lead projects and initiatives, as well as the ability to work with autonomy. This position will report to the Creative Director.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Turn brand and creative strategies into beautiful, sophisticated, brand-appropriate designs Designing complex charts and graphs Creating engaging infographics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in visual design, or related field
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating various types of data visualization solutions & their process
- A minimum of five years of related data visualization experience, working on cross- functional teams, preferably in the Financial industry
- Bachelor's degree in design, advertising, or related field
skills: REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- 5+ years' experience designing data viz for the the financial industry.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Expertly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite, including designing charts/graphs in Illustrator
- Strong understanding of composition, color, imagery, and typography as it relates to marketing and design
- Ability to maintain a consistent brand voice throughout designs
- Capable of designing visualizations that effectively convey the data while retaining a strong aesthetic
- Expert at creating clean production-ready artwork
- Working automated data feed programs (e.g. Typefi or Desknet)
- Creating chart heavy presentations and pitch books
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.