Amazon Web Services Senior Product Manager Technical, Amazon Detective in Boston, Massachusetts
AWS External Security Services (ESS) is redefining how enterprises are defending their cloud-based applications and services. We are innovating in cloud security with services like Amazon GuardDuty, Amazon Macie, Amazon Inspector, Amazon Detective, and AWS Security Hub. Our team is growing and we need an experienced senior product manager to help lead the product vision for Amazon Detective, one of our most innovative security services focused on security investigation and response.
As a senior product manager for Amazon Detective you will lead the product vision for a key set of features, such as expanded coverage, user experience, and cross service integration. As part of this, you will lead feature definition, prioritization, and partner coordination. We are looking for an experienced product leader who is passionate about solving customer problems and who has demonstrated success working backwards from ambiguous customer needs, translating them into disruptive, successful products that delight customers.
In this role, you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap for our customers. You will work closely with dozens of internal AWS services and external partners to integrate their products with Detective. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, design, partner, and executive teams to bring a consumer product to the market and develop and grow a new business opportunity for Amazon. A successful candidate will be highly analytical and organized, able to work effectively in a start-up like environment, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality products and applications that customers love.
Working closely with teams across AWS, you’ll see and feel the impact of your work on our customers. This is a high visibility and high impact role that will interact with all levels of AWS leadership. Our ideal candidate is excited about the incredible opportunity cloud computing represents and is deeply passionate about delivering the highest quality services. You’re naturally customer-centric and thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires strong technical and business judgment and solid communication skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Develop product strategy vision and roadmaps, and developing short, medium and long-term features to achieve the vision
· Coordinate with and prioritize dozens of internal and external partners that wish to integrate with Detective
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Work closely with engineering and partners teams to deliver product to market
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives and other product management team members
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Work with team leadership to understand the customer and their needs and concerns as well as define solutions
· Lead efficient and effective program implementation, including tracking of progress of new feature development
· Champion and gain buy-in for the strategy and roadmap from teams through collaboration, documentation, and negotiation that effectively influences peers and senior management
· Develop user experience goals, stories and requirements that will be used to drive product specifications
This position is located in Seattle.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, design or related field; or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years of experience working cross functionally (design, engineering, usability, content development)
· 5+ years of product management experience with completion of full product lifecycle (from concept through Go-To-Market)
· 5+ years of enterprise security product experience
· MBA or equivalent master’s degree from a top MBA program
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills
· Understanding of AWS security services
· Experience with security investigation and response
· Experience working with partners on product integrations, messaging, and joint go-to-market
· Experience deploying AWS services
· Demonstrated success translating complex qualitative and quantitative customer feedback into successful products/features/solutions
· Both technically deep and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within an organization, from engineers to senior leadership
· Able to be strategic, but also drive tactics and execution; willing to roll up sleeves and get the job done.
· Must be comfortable managing and putting structure around ambiguous problems
· Have relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Be able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business
· Have an entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and effectively in a results-oriented, efficient environment.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Able to work in a diverse team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs