Microsoft Corporation Senior Program Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become the leading Cloud first company. Every day, we work to help our partners leverage the power of Microsoft’s cloud and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
The Commerce organization enables one of Microsoft’s most business-critical needs: electronic monetization of products and services. Commerce is developing some of Microsoft’s largest scale, most business-critical cloud services. These services have a huge global footprint of over 240 markets and processes millions of transactions daily, with loads growing linearly as Microsoft moves to a fully cloud-powered services and devices company. The platform powers all of Microsoft’s key businesses – Azure, Office 365, XBOX, Windows Store, Bing Ads to name just a few. The platform also powers the licensing business for millions of customers large and small, enabling them to use Microsoft software and services across cloud, on-premises, and hybrid scenarios. Whether renting a movie or buying a game on Xbox LIVE, signing up for an Office 365 subscription or paying for Azure services, you are using Commerce services.
Are you naturally curious with a desire to learn, innovate and improve in a complex environment; continually analyzing and evolving team processes that balance agility, quality, and scale? Do you want to simultaneously work across multiple meaningful and impactful projects? Are you passionate about data analysis and telling stories with that data?
As a central organization with a C+E wide charter, Commerce Reliability Engineering (CRE) is uniquely positioned to deliver platforms, products, and practices that drive reliability, security, compliance, and efficiency improvements across C+E commerce platform. We are leveraging cutting edge tech including Kubernetes, Containers, Redis, and the latest Microsoft Azure Cloud technologies, while closely collaborating with Azure technology teams. Program Managers on the CRE team partner with hundreds of services teams and dozens of Azure technology teams daily to build industry best Commerce services infrastructure on top of Azure platform.
You will be working with a variety of stakeholders from across the company to craft, analyze, orchestrate and improve various programs and processes at the strategic level. You’ll be part of an agile team that serves in a fast-paced environment integrating across multiple teams and across divisions.
• Lead interesting projects on a global scale including end-to-end and cross product/services planning, data management, process improvement, and delivering efficiencies. Specific Responsibilities:
• Engage, define and articulate requirements to our engineering teams as well as to partner engineering organizations.
• Turn data sets into rich visualizations to support our business initiatives.
• Influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems; assess design and code changes to drive improvements
KEY LEADERSHIP/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to understand and analyze complex data models
• Strong technical proficiency with Kusto, analyzing data via PowerBI, and using it for decision making.
• Able to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Customer-oriented with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical acumen and ability to interact with customer and internal engineering teams
• Relationship building skills, maturity, strong presentation skills, high degree of self-confidence
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills to help grow technical and business skills of others
• 7+ years of software development experience or other relevant technical experience through testing, designing software solutions, supporting complex systems, or performing data analytics
• 5+ years proven, complex project/program management experience
• A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Deep knowledge around system to system integration patterns
• Deep knowledge in data analytics platforms and experience with data visualizations
• Experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud computing platforms
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs