Randstad Senior Programmer Analyst (.Net) in Boston, Massachusetts
Senior Programmer Analyst (.Net)
salary:$45 - $55 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Senior Programmer Analyst (.Net)
Primary Responsibilities: This person will provide technical lead services in support of the Registries of Deeds (ROD) systems, including analyzing and documenting business workflows, assisting regional locations with the day-today support of records management systems, and providing daily support for existing web applications.
The Programmer Analyst must be able to advise the CIO and executive stakeholders on applicable upgrades, enhancements, technologies, and problem resolution.
He or she should be experienced in producing benefit and cost analyses for system modifications and future upgrades, and propose alternative solutions that balance cost and benefit.
The ideal candidate is a critical thinker who can present complex technical information succinctly and accurately to a variety of audiences. In addition, the Programmer Analyst will participate in the life cycle of development (define, develop, test, install, and maintain) of current and new applications.
The expectation is to provide system guidance, strong coordination, and direction to other technical staff including DBAs, Project Managers, System and Network Administrators, and Software Developers on a mix of old and new technologies currently in use within the SOC technical environment.
The Programmer Analyst is able to work independently and within a team, as well as:
· Assist business groups with the day-to-day support of systems, and critical production issues.
· Perform analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, maintenance, and support of complex applications and processes.
· Evaluate existing applications, identify system vulnerabilities, and present strategic recommendations with the intention to manage risk.
· Research and evaluate emerging technologies, provide technical guidance on the best use of existing and new technologies, including hardware and software.
· Provide reasonable and sustainable technical solutions and support to complex and highimpacting IT problems that require preparing root cause analysis, problem analysis reports, and recommendations.
· Assist in preparing effort and duration estimates associated with systemic enhancements.
· Meet standards associated with specification development, coding, code review, unit and integration testing, and related documentation.
· Follow systems engineering, development, and deployment best practices.
· Create and maintain documentation, including data models, data dictionaries, stored procedures, functional and technical design documents, acceptance test plans and project schedules.
· Ability to translate system requirements into technical specifications used to develop system modifications, and to create visual diagrams of workflows, processes and data mapping for existing system and system modifications.
· Establish and sustain successful relationships with high-profile executive stakeholders.
· Manage vendor relationships.
· Report progress to senior management.
Minimum Requirements: Applicants must have at least a bachelor's degree in information science, management information systems (MIS), or computer science, or 5 years' related educational experience.
· 10 years' well-rounded experience in a combined mix of roles such as systems administrator, network engineer, database administrator, or developer supporting enterprise-level operations.
· Primary skill is to analyze and translate the business requirements into technical solutions.
· Prior background or experience in Deeds/Land Registry or similar business knowledge would be a plus. · Able to work some evenings and weekends.
· Analyze and create technical design document, architectural diagrams, data flow diagrams, system workflows, use case diagrams
· Experience defining and implementing strategies under the direction of a CIO or other senior leadership.
· Extensive system and network creation and development.
· Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated experience with providing timely resolution to operational issues.
· Above-average analytical, conceptual, and critical-thinking abilities.
· Exceptional written and verbal formal and informal communication skills.
· Experience conducting technology, trends, standards, and product research.
· Solid track record in prioritizing and executing tasks with a commitment to deadlines.
· Demonstrated capability providing guidance, mentoring, and leadership.
· Proficient in identifying, analyzing, and resolving high-impact system problems.