MasterCard Senior Quality Engineer in Boston, Massachusetts
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Quality Engineer
AWS Cloud certified Senior QA professional with a firm knowledge of testing, quality practices and testing tools. Able to work as an integral member of the project testing and quality team.
• Coordinate and participate in review and testing activities to ensure the quality and functionality of assigned MasterCard developed systems.
• Review project test and implementation schedules. Monitor, document, and report the current status of projects. Participate in review of project deliverables.
• Create detailed test plans, test cases, and data for project testing.
• Perform automated and manual testing and validate results to confirm adherence and conformance to installation standards and methodologies.
• Document problems, monitor resolutions and retain documentation necessary to plan for future assigned testing.
• Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
• Identify, document, and implement process improvements.
• Apply technical and business knowledge to solve issues.
• Share application knowledge and mentoring newer team members May be responsible for Test Coordination duties including:
• Defect management and oversight
• Status reporting and metrics creation
• Point of escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
Education: BS Degree or equivalent combination of experience and formal education.
Knowledge / Experience:
• Applies broad complex technical knowledge of principles, theories, and concepts plus broad knowledge of business/function and development life cycle, usually acquired through 3 to 5 years of experience.
• Test Management experience needed for test coordination.
• Proficient in API testing with tools like Postman, experience in performance testing is a big plus.
• Proficient in Web UI testing with tools like Cypress or WebDriver.
• AWS Cloud certifications.
• Ability to coordinate, interact with, and lead cross departmental teams.
• Ability to make decisions without all information.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• General supervision; work is reviewed after action is taken.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-117466