Deloitte Senior z/OS Mainframe Security System Programmer in Boston, Massachusetts
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A system's professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment. As an experienced Mainframe System Programmer, you will have the ability to share new ideas and collaborate on projects as a consultant without the extensive demands of travel. Consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center - we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below ...
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• Perform proof of concepts to assist in determining that a design concept is feasible or meets regulatory requirements.
• Plan and configure security for z/OS UNIX System Services daemons and Kernel.
• Plan and configure permissions bits z/OS UNIX directories and files, and auditing capabilities.
• Research, plan, coordinate, document and implement state of the art technologies, especially those available with or built on the IBM z/OS mainframe platform.
• Plan and configure Port security under z/OS Communications Server TCP/IP security.
• Evaluate software configuration and implementation to ensure compliance with Security standards, plans and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) families of controls
Deloitte's Government & Public Services practice-our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Our team of over 15,000+ professionals bring fresh perspective to help you anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill your mission promise.
The US Systems Engineering Offering delivers large scale software applications and integrated systems and assists its clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. The practice aims at developing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems. It would focus on key client issues that impact the core business by delivering operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation.
• Bachelor's in science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems or equivalent experience
• Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate technical software solutions to non-technical client
• 6+ years of IT experience in Mainframe solutions such as: IBM CICS, WebSphere and MQ
• 6 + years of experience developing web applications and client/server applications including Mainframe
• Previous experience creating detailed plan and implementing technologies that support requirements for disaster recovery
• Well versed in both use and support of Vanguard Security Suite for z/OS
• Expert in configuration/setup of z/OS Policy Agent (Pagent) with SSL, TLS
• Deep skill and understanding of the use of Certificates in RACF, Public/Private keys, etc
• Previous full-life cycle project experience planning and successfully carrying out detailed steps and requirements to successfully implement OSs, software and hardware upgrades, migration or installations to IBM System z/OS mainframe platform
• Must live in or be able to relocate to Lake Mary, FL, Mechanicsburg, PA, or Gilbert, AZ and Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
• Active Secret Clearance
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs