Amazon Web Services Software Development Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to play a leadership role on the Amazon FSx service. Launched in a re:Invent keynote in November 2018, Amazon FSx is a brand new AWS service that makes it easy for customers to launch and run file systems in the cloud. Customers already love the service, but we're just getting started. Come join the Amazon Web Services engineering team in our Boston Seaport location overlooking the Fort Point channel as we revolutionize the world of cloud storage!
AWS is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon, with over a million active customers in 190 countries around the world. AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 90 services that range from compute, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management, developer, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), security, hybrid and enterprise applications. We maintain this rapid pace of innovation by treating each team like its own independent business inside AWS, directly accountable for their customers’ satisfaction, service innovations, growth, and meeting revenue goals.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team designing and building transformative new customers experiences on the Amazon FSx service. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at AWS scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. At Amazon, managers will interact with customers, understand our business goals, and innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and ground-breaking functionality.
Embark on a journey with us to build a new service for AWS. We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to shape the future of a nascent service at Amazon scale with a team that is super smart, driven to serve customers, and fun to work with!
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
· 7+ years professional experience in commercial or web-scale system software development and delivery
· 3+ years of experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
· Understanding of a modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
· Experience designing, building and delivering high quality software on time
Exposure to any of the following:
· Scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures and algorithms
· Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
· Storage software, storage protocols and high-performance mapping constructs
· Network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, HTTPS, DHCP and DNS
· Building secure software and security algorithms
· Building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
· Passion for technical leadership and mentoring
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Effective analytical skills, with problem solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
· Ability to collaborate with a talented, diverse team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs